or Connect

Posts by MamaDee4

A quick update......my 7, 8 and 9 dpo tests were right. I got a temp. rise today at 13 dpo so I tested (but have not since 9 dpo) and got a bfn. So af should arrive as anticipate tomorrow..... Dee
Well, maybe everyone does get early bfp's on OSOM's....judging from the lack of ladies stepping forward..... AND......my temp. tanked today already at 11 dpo.....so it appears that I am not getting a late bfp, either. I'd still like to know if there are any...I have more OSOM tests and plan to test early and stop next cycle, too. I really like these tests...but I'd like them a whole lot better if I could get a bfp on one! Sigh......
Thanks, I feel a bit better. It's actually why I stopped testing yesterday at 9 dpo.....I wanted to save a bit of hope. I figure by 9 dpo on an osom I can be reasonably sure that I'm out.......but there's still the possibility of late implantation. I've always gotten bfp's by 10 dpo with an answer......so 9 dpo for sure on an osom would have picked it up....but I know every preg. is different. I just wish I could find ONE person who didn't get a bfp until 10 dpo...
I've been using the supposedly ultra insanely sensitive OSOM tests the last few months. I test through about 9 dpo....then stop, to keep a glimmer of hope alive until af arrives. But....the deal is....no matter how much research I do on these tests, I can't find anyone who has gotten a late bfp on them. Everything I see says they got one at 7, 8 or even just 9 dpo. How can EVERY person get an early bfp with these.....given that implantation doesn't always happen...
When I think back to my attitudes in my teens and early 20's I shudder. I used to think moms with lots of kids were nuts. I also thought that having a baby when you were "old" (I probably thought over 40, don't remember) was irresponsible. I was pretty ignorant. Now, here I am with 6 kids, trying for another at 44 in May. I don't think too much about Downs, other than I know my odds are higher. I believe God gives these kids to certain parents for a reason. ...
I know this isn't what you want to hear..... but I often have a slight temp. dip, then a rise the day before (sometimes a really NICE rise) the real dip. Usually the second dip is when af arrives. I've been duped into taking a preg. test on the day of that rise many times because my hope is renewed....... Now if your temp. goes up again........that would be awesome! Dee
jenjersnap, I am right there with you about getting pregnant easier earlier. And while I do think overall, it's a normal part of getting older (not sure how old you are, but I'm 43) but also it happens even to those of us who others would consider VERY fertile in our younger days. I have six kids. Strangely our first took us years to conceive. Some of it was that I didn't know as much about charting as I do know, part lifestyle (bad eating habits, more drinking,...
starting at 42 my ovulation date went from my normal CD13 or 14 to CD8 in a matter of 2 months. >>>> See, that's what I'm wondering.......but it's just weird that it lines up exactly when I started Vitex. Hmmmmm.... BTW, did you get that test? And.......? Dee
Does anyone here use Vitex? I am almost 44 and have used chasteberry the last two cycles. I know it says it takes a few months to really work....but the last two cycles I have O'd pretty early. The last cycle I chalked it up to a fluke early O. But now again it appears I might have O'd early. Today is only CD14 and my temp. went up (had a pos. opk yesterday). I don't believe it for sure for a few days, but what the heck? I usually O anywhere from CD18 through...
Well, I guess I'm glad I gave in. I was feeling unsure about Oing.....not a ton of CM, but some good. But no acne at all. That's weird. I figured I was still days away....but my nips hurt. So all signs are somewhat confusing. I did an opk today b/c -- well, heck I had already done one yesterday. It was positive. So was this afternoon's. That's a shocker. So I'm glad I know. I have never had a positive opk this early, so it's good to know it can happen....