or Connect

Posts by russianthistle

hi christa! pm me when you get here! we'll get you connected! sorry I took so long to reply! I don't know why I didn't receive a notification!
w/ ds1 12mo. and regular w/ds2 8 mo. and a little irregular AND, w/ ds2, I was even still nursing ds1 as well...
did I write that the bf support group is the fourth Monday? If I did, I misinformed you all. There is a meeting tonight (Monday, March 15) at 6pm in the Shiras Room at Peter White Public Library I won't be there as I have a bead class to teach.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami Aha, you said it better than I did. "Tolerant and aware", exactly. That's what one of my neighbors is, and the other doesn't seem to be. So I can see why you don't want to associate with her! I still wouldn't confront her on it, though, since she is your neighbor. Just ignore her whenever you can, screen your calls, and don't call her back. Maybe she'll get the point? Or have you already done all that, and feel like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami ITA. Also, it rubs me the wrong way when you say if she changed her values you would consider her as a friend. I have two neighbors, both of whom are conservative Christians with children the same ages as mine. I'm a liberal atheist. I tried to strike up friendships with both of these women. At first, one of them was very enthusiastic but as I revealed more and more about myself she began to distance herself and...
yes, it might be very different if she was open to change. she has put it very bluntly that she views things very differently than I do. I don't know what I've shared with her as I find myself mostly listening. I feel like I don't share b/c she shares so much. I always just felt wrong after our encounters last spring.
thank you for your input. I do agree with you and I feel like the guilt is because of this. ...and no, it wasn't always this way, not for the three years. i moved for a little while and was out of touch with her. but when i moved back, we were back in touch and something kept and keeps telling me to stay away, within me...I just don't know how to be straight about it all. the weirdness started about 9 mo ago when both of us had additional babies, at the same time....it...
I do think you've hit it on the head, there. She is definitely interested in my lifestyle choices, but I have not let her know how vast the differences are b/c I just can't go there... I think that I've given her just enough for her to think that she likes my choices. She is fanatical, in my mind, and that's why I don't give her much to go on other than what is overtly obvious. I'm not sure she's open to change, however.
I have a neighbor who desperately wants to be friends. I do not want to be friends b/c of extreme differences in near everything, life-wise...parenting, politics, religious orientation, EVERYTHING. I do not want my children to know about her lifestyle on many levels...Honestly, I disagree with almost every facet of her I can think of from her shopping choices, her eating choices, her schooling choice, her consumerism...it just goes on and on. We have nothing in common....
Quote: Originally Posted by MPJJJ Been a long time since I posted here, and a lot has changed. For all purposes, I am now single. My divorce will be finalized in a week. I have $3,000 of tax money to move on, and I am looking to move to either Houghton or Marquette. I really want to work in the animal field, preferable in the shelter or at a vet's office. I will be looking to rent a home that allows pets, and is under $550 a month. Can anyone give me...