or Connect

Posts by Sweetiemommy

I think the easiest way to explain a Christian biblical viewpoint would be this. God is Holy and perfect, and loves all of His creation.  Being so Holy, God cannot tolerate sin and sinning harms our relationship with God.  Through faith in Jesus Christ, we are promised forgiveness, even from the sins that we commit.  What is required is a belief in Jesus as the Son of God and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Upon receiving this gift, it is important to give your...
Have you talked to your brother about what he likes about this church?  Or have you visited the church or sat in on the sunday school?  I think you might be surprised.  Not all Christian churches spend their time talking about hell and forcing conversion.  In fact, that is the opposite of what most churches that I have experienced do.  Not to say that there are not wacky churches, but I wouldn't rule out Christianity (and the benefits of finding a good group of people to...
 If you are interested in a Christian perspective, I would recommend "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancey.  It is a great read and gives a great overview of the life of Christ and what it means for believers.  It isn't aimed at conversion, it is more of something that someone who is already a Christian would read, but I think it would give you some interesting thoughts on the Christian perspective.  Good luck!
I don't think it is dumb to run, it is a great way to get back in shape and improve overall fitness. Just be nice and slow with it. I find that former athletes/ex military tend to be very willing to push through just about any kind of pain, but pain is your body's way of telling you to back off a bit. Obviously pushing through can achieve certain fitness goals and make you stronger in the long run, but when recovering from injury and/or childbirth, you really need to...
This is a great post, I agree with everything here. Quote: Originally Posted by Shami Regarding the 'live the whole book' comment: In one of Paul's epistles, he says to live Christ. He also says, for to me to live is Christ. And another, Christ lives in you. Christ in you the hope of glory. You cannot change your parents, but Christ can. Go to the Lord every time you feel bothered by them and pray. Pray for mercy that God's will be done in...
My 6 wk old has been spitting up after every feeding and it has always been white. Today he spit up and there were little yellow globs/strands that were similar to a yellow egg yolk color. What could this be? He doesn't seem to be feeling very well (fussy and more sleepy), but I don't see any snot or anything. I am hoping it isn't bile or something, like in a serious reflux, anyone know anything about this?
That depends on the staff. If they are outgoing, good with children, attentive and kind, I use them. In fact, it can be a great way to connect with people around you and get to know others, as well as a much needed break so mom can get some exercise. However, if the staff is grumpy, doesn't seem like they want to be there, or are disrespectful of your children, I would not use them, for obvious reasons. We switched gyms to find one that had a friendly childcare staff...
I heard something about a mattress cover that helps to protect babies from chemicals in the mattress for cribs, where can you find these? And do they make them for adult beds? I would like to wrap my bed since our youngest still sleeps with us. Does anyone know of a website? What kind of cover helps?
I probably would have stayed in bed with my mom until I was 10. I got my own bed when I was about 5, in an adjoining room to hers and I continued to ask her to sit in my room and talk to me until I fell asleep until I was about 8 when she said that I was old enough to go to sleep alone. I felt sad and lonely without her and listened to music in my room to help. So maybe some kids would stay in bed with parents until they were 10! Now I'm an adult and I still have...
Maybe vegan is too harsh of a transition? Why not just go veg for lent and maybe she would have an easier time if she could still eat dairy and eggs. I know that a way that I comprimise my nourishing traditions beliefs with vegetarian intentions is to only buy dairy and eggs from a farmer that I know and respect, so that way I can see the animals and know that they are in healthy conditions and not taking part in a factory farm, etc. That makes me feel a lot better...