or Connect

Posts by ArtsyMomma

I think some kids will grasp the Food = Money + Time + Work, but some won't. I have been actively trying to reduce my grocery bill, eat better and cut back on food waste. I do talk about it with the kids frequently ("We don't waste", explaining the relationship between money and goods). With the older kids, if they waste or break something I usually have them pay for it - for example my 9 year old recently dumped out a bottle of shampoo to 'prove' she had washed her...
I got all the 'cool' baby gear with my first and used it all. I didn't use any of it with my 2nd, just a convertible carseat and some new diapers. Things did change a bit with #3. I got the bucket seat again, and while I used carriers and slings the majority of the time, it was nice to have the infant seat. If I was at someone elses house, or just at the park with the kids, it was nice to be able to put down the sleeping baby to chase after my two preschoolers. My 3rd...
When I lived in an apartment I shared a dryer with the neighbor for 6 months or so. It wasn't a pay per use dryer. I was a single mom, the neighbor was a single dad. As you can imagine, with 6-8 kids between us (we each had one more during that time lol) the laundry could really stack up. We used to form a line with our laundry baskets (especially if we were both doing laundry at the same time) and then put the next load in whenever the dryer was done. I was...
My worst feeling financial moment was a few summers ago, we were at the state park and my kids asked for snow cones. It would have been $3, just $3, but I couldn't afford it and going to the park was supposed to be a treat. I felt so terrible. Now, when we stop and get ice cream, my heart just lights up!   There are other things too....   New socks, especially squishy ones! Books, curling up by the fire and reading a good book (somehow...the kindle doesn't have...
When we bought our house we learned that the former owners live about a half mile down the road. It's worked out really well for us. We have been able to ask about some little quirks and get more detailed information about the gardens. We don't hold anything against the former owners at all! The husband has been inside since we've moved in, and he loves what we've done with the place. I think his wife might feel bad if she ever came inside though, she put a lot of heart...
I hand down shoes to younger kids, especially boots! As long as the shoes are still in good condition, I say go for it! I can usually hand down sandals, sneakers my kids tend to wear out after age 3 or so.
I'm not feeling pregnant at all these days. Other than getting up in the middle of the night to pee, I have no symptoms. I guess I'm a little bit bigger, but not noticeably so. It does feel weird when people ask how I'm doing, since I don't feel pregnant it feels weird to answer them. I was worried earlier in this pregnancy when my symptoms were so mild, I thought it wouldn't be a sticky baby. At 15 weeks I don't have that concern anymore, and should probably just feel...
My Finn is a Finnian  :o)   I love the name, I love it so much my only boy suggestion so far has been Finn 2.  

Have you considered putting both RF seats in the back row? Instead of loading them in through the doors, you can load them through the trunk/hatch area. Then you could keep DS RF longer, and DD could be in the middle row for school pick up and drop off. I know it sounds kinda weird, but it's totally doable! I had two RF babies when I was watching a little girl while her mom worked. I had a van with two captains chairs and with the RF seats in the 2nd row I couldn't get...