or Connect

Posts by ArtsyMomma

Be careful of heresay. I'm not a lawyer, I don't even pretend to be one on TV. My ex took me to court to try and get full custody of the kids a few years ago (I believe his crazy ex put him up to it - it was a real disaster), the judge took one look at his 'evidence' called it heresay and threw it on the floor. He refused to even look at it. I notice a lot of 'he said, she said' in your statement. I would just stick to the facts.   Advice my lawyer gave me... Dress...
We have a king size bed on boxsprings which are directly on the floor. It is a little over two feet high. I never bothered to get a bed frame because the ceilings are angled and the bed would be too high. The air here is so dry that I use a cool mist humidifier in the winter (if I don't I wake up dehydrated with headaches and nose bleeds), I've never had a mold or mildew problem. Since dust doesn't really get under the bed, I only move it and vacuum under it every 6...
This is exactly what I just started doing for my 'sinking funds'. I used graph paper, each little box is equal to $25. Each fund is represented by a larger square or rectangle with the savings goal written below it. When I add money to a sinking fund, I color in the box. I have a 24 pack of sharpies, so this is turning into a lot of fun.
Regarding housing prices....rent goes up considerably over time, where a fixed rate mortgage only varies based on the property taxes. For example....my MIL has lived in her apartment (in NYC) for roughly 60 years. She has rent control pays $115 a month in rent. The nice girl who moved in across the hall, in the same exact apartment pay $3500 a month.  My parents recently finished paying their mortgage, they took it out about 30 years ago. Their mortgage payment...
Is there a reason you don't just terminate ex's parental rights?
Quote: Originally Posted by justmama Yes I think htis is key. I am a lot stricter than a lot of parents, especially here on MDC. I'm not MEAN, but I'm strict. And there's a reason for it. Otherwise they form a coup and overthrow my reign. There are 3 of them and one of me and once they realize that fact, it's over for me. I expect cooperation and respect and good behavior. And typically, they deliver. Yes, exactly. I have incredibly...
I think an hanging shoe organizer is in order! I don't think you have too many shoes or purses, but perhaps some organization would help? You could store your out of season and rarely worn shoes in the organizer, small purses would fit too. I have one, it's very handy. http://www.target.com/Household-Esse...9&searchPage=1 For the holiday decorations, I think it's best to purge during the holiday decorating. I pared down quite a bit this year, finally got rid of...
It can be a challenge to keep things clean and tidy with a toddler around! DS1 is a pretty complacent guy, so that helps around here. I am a planner, so I keep a master plan of cleaning, errands, shopping lists etc for the week on a white board that hangs in the hallway. I can add to it or erase things as I need to. I also keep a day planner. My 'Master Cleaning Plan': Start with 'easy' rooms. The two easiest rooms for me are my bedroom and the bathroom. No one...
I thought I'd add.... If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I plan out everything. I keep a day planner (the paper kind, easier for me than an electronic version). I check it many times throughout the day. Today is Sunday - tomorrow is Monday - a school day. So tonight school work will be finished, bags packed, clothes laid out. It's a 'bath night' so the 3 older will all have baths, have their hair washed. Everyone will be in bed by 9 at the latest - I'll aim for 8...
Quote: Originally Posted by mumblemama Several of us here, yes. I have three. They are all 6yrs and younger, and were all 4yrs and younger when my ex and I split. I had them about 80% or more then (we now do 50/50 split...) and yes, it was hard (and still is), but you figure it out. And it gets easier. I don't have the luxury of letting my kids do whatever they want. I have explicit rules I had to put in place when this began. We go to the store, you...