or Connect

Posts by menudo

Any update? When DD was in preschool we were the only peopel to show up and a chuck e. cheese party eve nthough many had RSVP's yes. You knwo how expensive that is? I let DS invite his whole class to his party last year. 2 calls out of 16 invitations. As months went by and I ran into parents I soon learned the teacher never returned many invites for kids who had left the summer school program WEEKS prior. I knew it was odd as one kid lived a block away from where we...
Yep. And one of the actors was a housemate on MTV's "The Real World Philly" a few years ago...
Personally, I try to expose my kids to as many cultures as possible. I think seeing/knowing that the world is more than black/white/"hispanic" is so important.
Yes, write politicians. If this is your first notification you have the right to a fair hearing, I believe it can be done over the phone if you have moved. FIGHT IT. A coworker did recently and it was dropped.
Quote: My first thought is that I doubt their service reps even make $12 an hour. yeah-I live in a very expenisve state and companies act like you should kiss their feet for $12 an hour. They require about 5 years experience for that rate. I worte a well written clear email to my HMO detailing my experience with the customer service reps and our issue. It was MISREAD and forwarded to the head of teh inurance companies dental dept. who called me...
One warning about cleansing, be careful who may have spiritually cleansed before they left. Some seemingly intelligent people sprinkle mercury around to "cleanse" a home of negative energy. I know more about this than I wish too. We had a candle burned in our home that someone had added mercury too-years ago-while i was pregnat. Lovely. I soon educated myself. http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=7&gl=us
Give it time. DS went thorugh a massive hated being a boy stage. Wanted his you know "gone" and other disturbing comments. We beleive they came from many places but also the fact he wanted to be like his big sister. Then before we knew it he was obsessed with his "boyhood" He is still the same boy but never "wants to be a girl" and we did handle that all gently-so this is not a forced type of change for us or anything. Yet, he is not big on gender issues. He is almost 7...
Don't feel so bad. 2 coworkers brought up the subject of milk one day. I said I never really gave my kids milk, it is not a necessity, etc. They went on and on how horrible it was I did not give the kids milk daily. Then both of them added their kids were ALLERGIC to milk and can't drink it. People sometimes cannot thin kfor themselves at all. This truly convinced me.
Flor-my 11yo DD is feeling the same way and 6yo DS is getting annoyed. When she was born we lived in a multilingual community-primarily Spanish and English. You had to know some Spanish to get by. When she was 2 we moved to mainly English suburbs and DH stopped speaking Spanish due to his own issues. We fought about this alot-I gave up. He feels it won't help them but may HARM them!! : So here are my kids with Spanish surnames clueless in Spanish class-adding to the...
Or the need to point out why they are not racist. Again the other day a white man doing some work at My Mom's felt the need to point out that his daughter has kids with a "black" man-not a man but a black man and he loves those kids. : Peopel think this shows how no nracist teh yare when it points out tehir focus on the race. I didn't bother to day that technically-DS-who he was referring to when stating this-is technically not black or African American.