or Connect

Posts by menudo

I bet ya the little girl will be at the carnival! Last week my 6yo fell in class and hurt his head-the bump is still visible 7 days later. It was his fault and he is ok. He was back playing soon after. The next day I took him to the community center pool and when I opened the door it caught his toenail and ripped it off. He went swimming anyway. He knows life goes on. That said, earlier this year his classmate was murdered. It was hard beyond belief. The school did...
My DH (PR and Dominican predominately) suddenly stopped sharing his culture with the kids. Don't get me started on this one. Add he is dark brown (assumed black american around here not latino) and I am "white" it adds to the mix. DD claims everything ( I EVERYTHING!) but is perceived by others as white. DS he says he is brown or black and does not seem to "get" being latino. Spanish his what Dad's family speaks and he is not close to them. Others perceive him as...
I am in NJ. Again, no issues with DS exmeption. Quote: Religious exemptions (a) A child shall be exempted from mandatory immunization if the parent or guardian objects thereto in a written statement submitted to the school, preschool, or child care center, signed by the parent or guardian, explaining that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with the pupil's exercise of bona fide religious tenets or practices.
Quote: Turns out my great-grandmother (who suffered serious dementia) had called 911. So did my Grandpa-reported he had Grandma hostage. : Swat team did not find that funny-nor did Grandma who was in the kitchen the whole time!
DD is 11yo in 5th grade and this is so familiar to me! In her case it is one girl in particular-who is just evil. She was invited to DD birthday party and both my MOM and SISTER came to me privately and called her an evil B**CH. WHoa! Not like either of them, but that is how bad and nasty she is. IMHO, she ruined DD party. Her parents spoil her and think she is normal and fine. Thankfully-she moving to the other side of the earth this summer. Anyway, DD is frustrated...
I'll make it quick and simple: Both my kids are in public school. DS-almost 7yo-has had a religious exemption on file since preschool-never an issue. DD was vaxed until age 4 and would not be "due" for more until...this year. So here is my dilemma: Should I just send the basic 3 line exemption I use for DS and hope nothing is said/questioned about her vaxes on record or should I send a very well written letter explaining she was vaxed but our religious views have...
DD is latina (PR and Dominican predomiantely) and we did not pierce. Mainly fellow latino strangers made comments and were apalled. Time past-she is 11 and still doesn't want them pierced. It does seem to be "just what you do".
Baseball. Baseball practice for DS tonight. Practice for DS in the mornign. Practice for DH in the afternoon. Family funfest at local minor league stadium Sunday. Does anyone sense the theme?
These days are much more memorable than what happens at school! I took DD out last year to be on a tv show. She otld her teachers and they gave her no homework and no make up work! It was nice to know that they agreed with me...
I shook for hours prior to a serious car crash. I felt it coming and told 2 people. There was serious car crash feet ahead of me a few hours prior to it and I prayed that was it but KNEW it wasn't moments before the accident I checked to make sure my passneger had his seat belt on. As teens and not friends (long story) he was afraid of me after as I told him it was coming. I always felt that warning saved me.