or Connect

Posts by menudo

People tend to forget there are many strains of HPV ( Even that common wart on your hand) and most can also be passed on by non sexual means, even these strains. I have met those who had it before ever being sexually active. I have had a strain and by no means was it assumed an STD by my Doc. This was pre gerdasil. DS was diagnosed with "HPV" when he ahd a common wart. It is a broad term. My sister had was diagnosed after a long period (years) of abstinence following only...
I didn't see Today but locally Dr. Mike on Fox Philadelphia was almost CRYING about it. 9 unvaxed kids in CA have measles due to "highly educated" parents who are now choosing not to vaccinate due to fears. How vaccines have saved many and now polio and measles are coming back (they showed IRON LUNGS!) and such. The newscaster was shakign her head in horror and then the male newscaster was in shock and awe when chicken pox parties were mentioned. Yeah, a backlash is coming...
Let me keep this short. A very good Mom I know has had issues with her 3yo DD Father since she was pregnat. He has been abusive to her in every way. theyhave not been togetehr for a long time and took the legal route for custody/visitiation. He sees the child 2x a week-normal set up. She is a delaying vaxer. He knows this and was fine with it and the childs Doc has not given issue with it. The ex has always given her problems. False abuse claims (always dropped), some...
I beleive they are lying to you. There are always exemptions to this. Her old school nurse (very mainstream) was not a fan of the scoliosis tests in school for some reason and she made sure that everyone knew exemptions (a simple letter, non religious) existed. So I sent one. DD said she was the only one who didn't have it done, but she was glad! BTW, I was misdiagnosed by the school every year as a kid and my mom would have to get a Doc's note saying I did not have...
Quote: We were close to the airport, tracks and a highway. This is us. You get used to it BUT planes are funny cause the noise changes according to the "ceiling". I grew up acrossed from freight train tracks. We played on them often. My house shook a bit but what has really affected what is now my Moms house is the National Guard helicopters that began flying overhead in groups of at least 5 every month or two. Pictures fall off walls, glassses...
Major pet peeve of mine. Last summer was the first time I allowed either of my kids to invite a "class" to a party. It was DS 6th birthday and he was in a summer school program. We got this awesome place (non profit, $3 a person suggestion, no head counting by them) with a pool carousel, etc. I made invitations, got a class list, teacher said it was fine. I sent all invites in-addressed to each kid (but I had no home phone numbers just in case). We were so excited. 2...
Too funny about the rides, I find them better maintained than many places. As an ex amusement park employee (Clementon Park *shiver*) my kids are forbidden from certain parks and I am impressed my Morey's! Not what's left of sportland and that other pier tho. Nope. My Aunt and Grandma have homes in Wildwood. They are there alot of the year. Not fancy summer homes either-year round type. My uncle (through marriage) also lived there as a teen. Then again, we have never...
Quote: I know that I don't really want to go to Wildwood, LOL. WHY? It is cheaper than many other spots and tons of fun! If you buy NOW you can get amusement park tickets for up to half price! Actually, this past Sunday we went to the Cape May Zoo (FREE!), then to Sunset/Diamond Beach https://www.sunsetbeachnj.com which is GORGEOUS never too crowded, friendly, park right by the beach, etc. And it is fun to find the "diamonds"! And this rental...
Someone related to me also works for Merck. Many moons ago, I gave this person Mothering links (not knowing her Merck connection). None related to vaccination. She freaked out and told me how horrible Mothering is and her employer speaks out aginst the magazine, etc. How they are anti vax and horrible. She was very upset that I even go to mothering.com. I left it at that.
The smaller owned companies I have worked for tended to donate more. One place let us take anything we wanted home. There wa a HUGE homeless population on my street. One homeless man told me to leave the food on newspaper bnoxes and such and walk away, it would be taken. It was (most of tehse people were mentally ill and afraid). Peopel ate well when I worked there. then I worked at another restaurant. Shady business but all food was donated to www.philabundance.org. Dh...