or Connect

Posts by menudo

Yeah, My 10yo thinks she is not bright for it but knows it happens. DD closest clousin is pregnant right now (just turned 18yo a few weeks ago and in the 11th grade) for the second time. The first time she was 16yo and told then 9yo DD first. Then had an abortion. She is so immature that she didn't comprehend that was alot for a 9/10yo to handle. Not all teens are THAT immature. Actually, DD is bothered by the media attention on it most (she is a big Zoey101 fan) and is...
Ok, I will be the one to say it: Alot of teen/young stars get pregnant-they just don't continue the pregnancy. The big deal here is she is admitting she is pregnant, having the child, while being the little sister of a woman who flaunts her life (which currently is a mess whether due to mental illness and/or drugs) for the rest of us to see and ultimately, for many to judge. And she is the star of a kids show. My 10 yo watches the show. Gave me her opinion on the...
Degrassi varies on how it handles topics, like real life. I didn't see all the episodes with Liberty's pregnancy. When I was a pre teen was when Spike ( a punk girl) was pregnant on the show (I am 32 now!). She kept the baby. She came back some years ago and her daughter is (was?) a student on the new show! So it is NOT a new topic for them to tackle! You name it, Degrassi covers it at least once! My 18yo cousin (just turned 18 2 weeks ago) is pregnant. Second...
Good luck to her, what is bad is being 16, pregnant, AND Britney Spears sister. Prepare to be judged! (sadly!) As for teen pregnancy on tv-doesn't anyone watch Degrasssi (the old one and new ones). My 10yo got me addicted ot the new generation. Liberty gave up her baby for adoption, so they should need a new teen Mom character on there! (I liked that the smart girl "least expected" was pregnant too, I love that show!) BTW, it is on "The N" and CW... Not sure what...
I admit I have not read all the responses BUT... You cannot be forced to go to work until you find what YOU feel is suitable childcare. They have to give you an extension. There are loopholes. I have been there. The system is a mess and the only ones who "stay" on it do b/c they know the loopholes.
That is a hard one...but... I work with 2 men who are both blind in one eye. Both have drivers licenses and drive to work daily.
No, what good would that do? There are very few circumstances where it should even be a consideration!
Yep, I think it is a personality issue. I can see a woman around the corner form me doing this. I would run in the house when she came around for the longest. She would talk forever and 99% of what she said would offend me. And she DIDN'T get it. I mean racist stuff, comparing kids, making commetns to my kids, etc. And she just DOES NOT GET IT. Her social ques were clueless! And what does she do for a living? CHILDCARE! BTW, I am known to talk to much but I am never...
You are lucky. DH got a similar ticket a bit over a month ago. Simpley "failure to signal". Which he did as he saw the cop behind him for a mile before the turn and he is a habitual signaler! So we got the law together and he went to fight it. First, they ignored him and insisted he could take another plea, which was 4 points and close to $400 fine! (He took it close to 5 years ago and the law states it is no points until you take it again in a 5 year period...) He proved...
DD is 10 and we have this issue. It is so sad I have had to tell her to carefully choose her battles for years now. Many kids are not enraged by homophobes (when she was 8yo we came face to face with the Phelps and she has been to same sex weddings) and many come from racist families. Some are down yo ufor not beign their religon and do not see spirutality and religion as something personal. Like we do. Most people have no issues with vaccines and you do not know enough...