or Connect

Posts by menudo

I get what the OP is saying. No matter how great or awful our parents are, we look at them in a different light and hold them to different standards. I am embarrassed to say that certain things I held against my mom, I shouldn't have. I remind DD (age 10) that we are not perfect and ask her that when she hits 18-24 and feels so "enlightened" and is blaming me for all of her issues in life to not share them via tv shows like "The Real World". DS already blames us for...
This may force us "out" as non vaxers now. Great. My Mom was already asking my feelings on it cause as far as she knows I am only anti flu vax. Crud. She is pro vax and more.
I am glad the media is focusing on parents wanting it to be CHOICE not mandated. Ugh.
Exactly, show tolerance. We all "knew" my sisters friend (later roomate) was gay and they stopped being roomies cause he was a womanizer. Go figure. Women assuemd he was gay, he just was himself and then went for them. So who knows. My kids have been to 2 weddings, they were older for the most recent which was 2 men (my cousin and his partner). They have also been to pridefest and other events we came upon while out. So I hope they understand we are open (I know DD does).
Quote: Unfortunatly it doesn't last. Girls are mean. I know someone here will say "That is sexist" but, it's true. Girls can be very cruel. It can go either way. All personailty based. Albeit girls tend to be more about the drama. When I was in school, the boys were much meaner to me than any girl. I was threatened, pucnhed, etc. by the more popular or jock type boys. DD is in 5th grade and I have met some blatantly 2 faced or bluntly MEAN girls. I...
It varies. Public housing mandates a seperate bedrooms for opposite sex. So a Mom and 2 kids wil lget two bedrooms. The people of same sex are expected to share one room (unless a baby) etc. Now if CPS investigates they can request your child has his/her own space to choose to sleep on. Basically, you must show you have a mattress/couch for each child, even if 3 are in one room. Pretty invasive but if pressed they only ask for proof the child has a choice of his/her own...
Ugh. My 6yo DS classmate was murdered a few weeks ago and it has been hard on him. He was not close to her but the realization of another child he spoke to daily dying is often too much for him to deal with. Apparently, he has guilt for not missing her (he told me this in his words). He has been so hard to manage. Give alot of extra hugs and extra patience.
Get on it now. Don't wait. Take off work and go to school with her tomorrow. The pressing the church issue and admitting she is religious when you questioned it are red flags. She has every right to have her beliefs but not every right to question a childs beliefs and judge her based on them. Teachers are only people. People with power. They are not perfect beings nor are they always right. Kids don't always get this (nor do many adults.)
Quote: The reason why many people don't think I should talk to the principle or the school board at this time is because they will more then likely side with the teacher, and go with the thought that I am trying to "hide" something about my dd and her/our life. And instead of dealing with it themselves, would just decide to have the authorities intervene. True, this is basically what was don to me. Yet, I still think you should consider it. Be well...
Ds had a"teacher" in Headstart who didn't like me AT ALL. She told me so. So many red flags. Soon, I realized she was "coercing" DS. Basically "stranger Danger" turned around to be used against us. If we said "No" he would scream 'Stop that. Yo uare hurtign me." and crazy thigns. When calm he began telling us (often out of the blue) that she told him to say this and how bad we are. No lie. She threatened me with CPS. (Illegal for her to do-threaten us with it that is.) I...