or Connect

Posts by mommaceleste

I wish I had advice to give you but I really am just posting to let you know I am thinking of you and am going through the same things with my 19 month-old dd. You are a good mom to care so much. Keep the faith that this will pass. I keep telling myself the same thing!
I wish I had advice to give you but I really am just posting to let you know I am thinking of you and am going through the same things with my 19 month-old dd. You are a good mom to care so much. Keep the faith that this will pass. I keep telling myself the same thing!
When I registered, I unintentionally used my full name as my user name and would also like to change it. How about mommaceleste? I don't like seeing my whole name in all caps every time I post!
We have our mattress on the floor because we found that when our baby started getting more mobile, she moved around a lot during the night, sometime practicing her crawling or standing while still half asleep! I felt better knowing that I didin't have to worry about her falling...
Mine live in the same area. However, they are so against the way we are raising our daughter (Cosleeping, babywearing, responding to cues, long-term breast feeding, etc.) that we recently had a huge argument about it where they told me I was crazy for doing these things. We're currently not talking...
It is SO reassuring to hear from all of you and know I am not alone. Have any of you had to deal with criticism from your own parents? Mine think I have absolutely lost it. How have you dealt with it?
As hard as it is sometimes, I was just thinking about how I'd feel is one of my parents passed away and we weren't speaking. I would regret it of course and need to make the effort not to grow too far apart. It is so nice to hear from others in similar situations!
It's nice to hear I'm not the only one. I know that intellectually, but emotionally you always want your parents support. I struggle with the emotional side of it... Thanks for the support.
Thank you so much for your input... It helps to hear from others of like mind!
I realized about three months after my daughter'sbirth that there was a name for the things I was doing instinctively for my daughter and it was AP. It was very validating to discover this community, as I have recieved incredible resistance from my own family. My parents areconstantly talking about me behind my back, criticizing me for not letting my daughter cry it out, for carrying her too much, for responding too quickly to her cries, to not leave her with them if she...