or Connect

Posts by sabrinat

I needed this thread as a reminder, I've had a serious lack of sewing going on but I need to get stitching.
Quote: Originally Posted by isign Joining in on this thread. We have 1100sq ft, plus a garage that is also my laundry area. There are 4 of us, plus a 60 lb dog. I'm trying so hard to declutter and make storage work for us. What do you use your garage for? I have had to accept that our garage is storage. We don't have a basement or attic and the closets are barely big enough to contain our clothing. I used to struggle with the idea of parking our...
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherAtHome Woohoo! We're buying a small house! A cute, cozy, country cottage. Three bedrooms, one bathroom. According to my rough calculations, it's possibly 950sq ft. We have just over a 1/3 acre surrounded by woods and hay fields. Plenty of room for chickens and a big garden. 5-8 minutes from DH's work/our little town. 15 minutes to our little city/shopping centre. It needs major insulation everywhere and hope to get...
Quote: Originally Posted by bezark Us, too. Our apartment, while technically only 1 bedroom, was huge. Our old living room was bigger than our current kitchen and living room combined, and we had a SPARE living room, half bath and craft studio in the finished basement. Even with all of that, we're still much, much happier in our new house. We have a yard that we don't have to share, we don't hear/smell our neighbors, we have a lot less junk lying...
Quote: Originally Posted by weliveintheforest Does anyone have a chore list or something like that, kept where it can be seen? What's on it? I'm thinking about posting something on the fridge, maybe laminated, with a simple checklist of things that need to get done daily so that things actually happen. We have my brother staying with us, and I'm hoping that if there are three evening chores, we can each do one and have a liveable house. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by limette In the living room. When the were in their bedroom they never got picked up. We have two walls of floor to ceiling built in bookcases so we organized the toys in nice baskets and put them on the shelves. That sounds heavenly! I purchased a huge wicker basket and also a armoire and that's where everything goes. It's helped a bunch with visual clutter. They do have toy storage in their rooms, but it seems...
Quote: Originally Posted by wombatclay Sabrinat- do you need to work in privacy, or is the patio already pretty private? Our last house had a really nice little outside space but the neighbors looked right down on it. So I found some indoor/outdoor bamboo blinds (the "matchstick style") at Big Lots (I've seen them at IKEA and other discount places, and if you're willing to use the plastic versions the cost is usually under 20 dollars for the huge ones)...
My latest project is to work on our outdoor space. We have a really nice covered patio that we are just not using. It needs some tlc. I'd love to hear suggestion for really doing up the outdoor space on a budget. I'm open to anything. I did get to 2 chairs the other day that one of my neighbors had on the curb. I'd love for it to extend the living area. It's a challenge because it is hot here much of the year and of course the bugs.
I blog. It's a bit of everything. I do sew, knit and cook a fair bit though
Quote: Originally Posted by Carolyn R Would love to make some of these for Christmas gifts...any ideas? What about a pattern for an apron? I've seen several tutorials online for those.