or Connect

Posts by beebalmmama

I don't have a whole lot of advice on the regressing, because I don't have any experience with it. But are you sure he's not been aware of your pregnancy. I know it's early but that might be something.   On the peeing standing up. Ds 1 peed on the potty sitting until he was probably 3 yrs old. He was a neat and clean when he peed and he even wiped up the potty, now at 6 yrs.....not so much.
We have ds in sandals, right now he's wearing a pair of tevas. But I also have a pair of water shoes he could wear. Last summer I pretty much kept him in the water shoes since they had pretty flexible soles. However they weren't that breathable and did tend to get a bit stinky. I think some water shoes are more breathable than others.
I used to think 'we' did such a good job with ds 1 by introducing the potty early and having him potty trained by 24 months at home and 28 months or so at daycare.  Ha ha ha ha....I realize now that really wasn't the case at all and my second ds has proved it. We've done everything we did with my first; had a potty available, read books, lots of naked bum time, etc and he wasn't having it. He wasn't interested AT ALL until maybe 26 months. We've seen a lot of progress...
I finally registered for the GRE in September. I was wondering if anyone here has some suggestions for prep material for the revised test. I personally don't have experience with either the old or the revised GRE, but I know they suggest not using the old prep material. I'm planning on using the free material available but wondered if I might purchase some other materials. Dh has a $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble and I thought I might borrow from it if there is...
I just completed two semesters of A&P and did very well. I finished my undergrad 10 years ago and didn't find that I was lacking anything. Anatomy is mostly memorization but I think Physiology is more involved and requires a lot of committed study time to do well. I was taking the course for prereqs for a masters in OT. The closest assistant program is over an hour away here.
I don't have specific advice about going about it. But if I were in your shoes I would focus on trying to night wean her. Personally I've always needed dh's help with nightweaning. If I were in the room with either ds they would not be consoled when mama was denying them nursies. Ds 2 (2yrs now), although as an infant was a better sleeper than his older brother has been worse to night wean. We started at 18 months and we still have residual night wakings. He screams at...
I have one cabinet in the kitchen which stores my most used bulk and pantry type items. Dh installed a rolling shelf inside for canned tomatoes which saves a bit more rooom in there. Most of it is in some type of jar container, either glass or plastic. All of my back up pantry is on a couple of shelves in the laundry room.  I don't have quite as much bulk pantry as I used to have when I actually had a pantry, which has turned out okay. It forced me to get rid of some OLD...
I realize you may already have found someone. But I homebirthed my second with Beth Karberg and she was excellent!
I agree that with the economy it is tough in some places to find a teaching position. But in regards to taking what you can get, the same could be argued for nursing. New nurses don't typically have many options and usually get the worst schedules, it's tough to get a regular 12 hr daytime shift and even consistent shifts at a hospital.   Teachers do typically stay longer than contracted hours during the day. So you may be able to pick up your son but I wouldn't...
We're currently in the process of trying to get ds (25 months) evaluated with EI. Hopefully we'll have some sort of meeting this week. I was more of the 'don't worry and wait approach', but I don't want to wait any longer considering his slow progress. Also we had the experience with our older ds (now 6yrs) that getting speech help once in public school was much more difficult (funding). His teacher couldn't understand him in kindergarten but he wasn't "bad enough" to...