or Connect

Posts by beebalmmama

I'd check with some property managment companies too. Some are a pain and not great but others are good. I wouldn't give up on CL entirely though. Some good rentals we've found through CL and I prefer working with a landlord rather than property management (although it does depend either way).
Just today found a Cuisnart coffee maker for $6, just like my old one (which happens to still work great after 10 yrs). I'm thinking of holding onto it for backup when ours finally does break, or switching out because it appears newer and in better condition than ours.
Yes, I would be upset. However I'd try to get over it and give him a break if it wasn't intentional. If he chose to ignore the bus after seeing it I'd be pissed. Dh got a lucky draw a few weeks before the holidays when he sped through a school zone, with our son on the way to their school (dh is a teacher).  They typically don't drive during that time in front of that school but happened to be going early for a meeting (hence the speeding and running late). The policeman...
I took care of a little girl for a mother in your same position. I was just starting to offer childcare in my home as a SAHM and it worked out pretty well. I would have liked to have had her longer, but if you could find someone who needs the money and wouldn't mind the temporary position it could work out.
Well in regards to working opposite shifts of your dh you may be almost guaranteed of that with nursing, especially if you plan on working in a hospital setting. My BFF has been working in a hospital NICU for 3 years and is still trying to get off the night shift. Teaching does afford the summer off but you still will need to consider after school hours before you're off. How is your son in regards to a sitter or after school care for a couple of hours? My son attends...
I had to do this a couple of years ago after ds was born because dh's employee insurance premiums were outrageous. I have private which is around $175 a month with a high deductible (I think $2000). I still have my dh's vision and dental plan though. My insurance is through Anthem BCBS. I found it helpful to work with a insurance agent and they were very helpful in helping me decide on a plan. I no longer needed pregnancy coverage but when some of the healthcare reforms...
Some of ours usually goes towards car registration and insurance and pays off any accumulated bills. This last year we saved it in order to sink it into the house we'd buy, so now it's feeding our kitchen's superficial facelift, paint and now fallen tree limbs thanks to the last storm we got. This next one will pay off the fridge we put on financing and flooring for the main floor. Hopefully we'll have a little to take some small vacation time, this last summer was a...
We did the bare bottom method with our first but it was more like a 3-4 month period, starting when he was about 22 months. We had offered the potty starting around 18 months, but this mostly consisted of asking him if he wanted to sit on it. He woke up dry a lot and usually told us when he was about to poop. We had a few accidents but mostly pee, fortunately though we had wood floors throughout the house at the time. He was pretty much fully trained at home by 26...
He does have nerf guns. I'm not a fan but he found two at a garage sale for .25 each. I was thinking of giving him more darts as a stocking stuffer though.   He's really resistant to anything "sports" related. We had a bad experience with starting soccer and so I think he might feel pressured. Although bow and arrow.....with real pointed ends? I'm not sure he's ready. Maybe a dart board though, don't they have magnetic dart boards?   mumkimum, I just recently...
I'm thinking ahead for the holidays and can't think of anything to get for ds 1, 6yrs. I personally don't think we need  more toys. However  he really does have a lot of toys he's outgrown and isn't interested in any more. I guess if I look around most of our toys have been somewhat passed down to ds 2, 22months. Currently he plays with legos and a basic hotwheels race track. He would LOVE more legos. But we got him a set for his birthday this summer and honestly he's...