or Connect

Posts by beebalmmama

I'm currently completing prereqs to prepare for applying to a Masters program in Occupational therapy. I spent a lot of time evaluating the pros and cons of going back for a masters and having it be worth it financially. My current bachelors isn't very marketable. I like that the field of OT has many different areas of emphasis and so I feel that there should be a niche somewhere that I'll fit into and enjoy.
I'm taking part course work right now with one little one at home (1.5 yrs) and my other is at school. One of my classes is a weekend class (Fri night and Sat morning) and the other is online.  So far I'm studying every minute of ds's 2 hour nap and I need it. I'm also studying a few hours on Saturday after class. I'm trying to keep Sunday and evenings free for family, but I know I'm going to have to step it up in the evenings to stay on top of it. My weekend class is...
I don't think your interest in AP or holistic therapies is opposing to being in nursing school or any other medical profession. Sure there are a lot of conventional approaches that differ from what you would do for yourself or family. But conventional medicine is much needed in the right place and time. I think you'll find a wide variety of people once you enter school and the profession. I'm currently working or prereqs towards a masters program in Occupational...
I think this might work for some kids, but not all (as you mentioned). I know for my child the more I touch him and "get in his face" so to speak the more the tantrum escalates. He is VERY introverted and needs his space to calm down. It took us a long time to realize this about him. Well we knew he was introverted but didn't realize how our close proximity during outbursts was affecting him. I will remove him from situations where he is being unsafe but I quickly try to...
Have you actually tasted one? I don't know what kind of ducks you have but I worked on a ranch that had Indian runner ducks and their eggs are sooooo good with beautiful orange yokes!
First was at 40 wks +3 days Second at 41 wks +5 days   I thought for sure my second would arrive earlier than that, oh well you never know.
Once my ds graduated from the potty seat on the floor he just used the adult seat on the toilet. I bought one of those seats that have the built in childs seat and within a couple of weeks he didn't like using it. It was pretty funny looking but he would hang his bum down in the toilet, It didn't look very comforable to me but he was happy with it. Still there was a stage that he would pee through the crack in the seat especially when pooping.....to much to concentrate...
I have a pair of water shoes for ds that I picked up at a consignment. I think I'll keep looking though because quite a few of them don't seem very breathable and his feet do get sweaty in the ones that we bought. Something to think about if you go that route.
What about elementary school playgrounds? I know quite a few of them in our area are fenced in or mostly fenced in. They wouldn't have the smaller type play equipment....but then if that's not his interest now then it shouldn't matter. My ds is a bit of a runner too but he's still only 1.5 yrs so he generally doesn't get far. I've taken him into the tennis courts before with a ball and let him play. He's already made it into the street in front of our house twice with us...
I guess it doesn't hurt to have blood work done. But my ds LOVED ice when he was about 2-3 yrs and I've heard that a lot with toddlers.