or Connect

Posts by beebalmmama

I have a pretty healthy diet and I CANNOT eat oatmeal daily. I can eat it every once in awhile, maybe twice a week (not back to back) but if I eat it more I get horribly gassy and bloated. I also can't eat eggs daily.....not so much gas but they become difficult to digest and give me heartburn if I eat them so regularly. Yeah cooked veggies are easier to digest, you could just lightly steam them so they still pack a lot of nutrients.   If your determined to follow...
Toss it! You've got a nice photo of it which is how you'd want to remember them. Fresh and beautiful!
My LO's where used shoes here. I wouldn't worry especially if they're soft soled shoes. I probably started making sure used shoes were in better condition once ds was really running/playing/walking a lot (2-3 yrs?). How much can little babes wear their shoes out anyway?
Ds was 5 yrs and 43 pounds and started riding in one part time. He's still in the Nautilus harnessed for daily rides to school. We have a high back booster in the family car that's used for outings and errands on the weekend. I actually prefer him in the harness because he can buckle himself up properly. He still has a hard time keeping the strap untwisted and under the arm rests on his booster, especially with winter gear on.
I saw the job was now gone anyway. But it looks like from what you described above it would be worth holding off on a change for now, unless another great position comes up somewhere. Is there anyway he can stop putting in the extra hours over the weekend? That way you could feel like he is really home while he's home. I agree with a pp about the added stress and your relationship. Dh and I see plenty of eachother but our finances suck and therefore half the time we're...
I think this is a good point! I know my own family tends to shy away from talking about others "personal matters". But really you need the support of friends and family. It may depend on your family on how much support (even just emotional) they give, but it's worth being honest with them about your situation.   Otherwise I think your doing what you can to help him by being supportive and looking for opportunities.  
When I was working I had to work occasional Saturdays, so during those weeks I'd have a day off midweek. I kind of felt bad for sending ds off to daycare. But I would take him in an hour later and then go to a yoga class. (I'd miss my regualar Saturday morning class on these weeks). Also I'd have a couple of hours to kill in the afternoon and so I'd do some thrifting without kids! I'd usually pick him up from daycare early and head to the park if it were nice.   I...
This is kind of what I was figuring in to my whole plan for returning to school. I've spent several years looking at career opportunities (along with having kiddos and staying home off and on) to know that my possibilities are pretty limited with my undergrad degree. Add years of not really being in a career field and the choices seem even less. I've considered a lot of different careers and masters options and have actually changed directions taking into account my...
I don't want to hijack this thread. But for those of you who didn't incur debt for school, how in the heck did you pay for it out of pocket?  I was lucky enough to have pell grants that paid for my undergrad but we have debt for dh's teacher certification. Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to pick an undergrad that actually made me employable. So I'm headed back to school to finish some prereqs and then on to a Masters. It's not the type of field that offers...
Breast pain was always one of the first signs for me for both of my pregnancies. Usually it was just dull aching or tenderness but I've also experienced what you described. Personally I would probably just hold out and wait until your next appt to ask about it.