or Connect

Posts by beebalmmama

We would hold ds when he was three to try to help him calm down. When he turned 4 the &%$# hit the fan! Between moving and a new baby the year of 4yrs was the worst! We started reading parenting and discipline books. Everything we had always done for tantrums or discipline were NOT working. Ds was like the OP's in that he would follow you and keep yelling at you and hitting you. I also had a newborn babe to protect from his fists and out of control behavior. (I'm sure if...
And I've been annoyed by the joy of ds 2 being a climber. But so far he's only discovered the kitchen table and I've resorted to laying the chairs on their sides. If he gets more resourceful in his climbing......I'm in big trouble.  
That's a good question. I guess I automatically assumed it was up to me to accomodate him because I do 90% of the cooking around here. Dh can cook and has made a lot of things in the past usually with directions to the recipes from me. His go to meals without prompting from me are chicken and potatoes, scrambled eggs and potatoes or omelets and spaghetti/pasta of some sort. He used to make rice and beans and so I'm sure he can start that again. But his current standby's...
I have absolutely no problem with dh being vegan again as far as his own health is concerned. Dh was vegan when I met him and it forced me to really delve into cooking and trying new recipes which actually helped me become the great cook I am  today. Over time he started eating some dairy. Partly because I was really getting into organic farming/agriculture. Took two different internships on organic farms. So he was able to see first hand the kind of dairy/egg...
I just cut what I need and toss it in the veggie drawer. Seems to keep fine that way.
My ds is there too and only 17 months. I seem to recall this stage coming later with my first ds.   I find myself doing (or not doing things) to avoid his little meltdowns. Like not taking out the recycling/trash. Because whenever you open the door he thinks it's time to go out and play and will have a huge tantrum when he realizes he doesn't get to..... So lately anytime you open the door without taking him outside results in a meltdown.   I think with ds 1 I...
I used the fishy pool as well and didn't clean it prior. We did a test run on it to check for leaks and mainly to see how long our hot water would last. No, didn't use a thermometer. HOWEVER they had the hose filling at the bottom of the pool and at one point they felt the water was actually too hot and started adding cool water........only to find out that all the cold water was sitting at the bottom of the pool. I ended up having to wait 30-45 minutes from when I...
My first two cycles back this time around (at 13 months PP) were both pretty light. The first one especially was a lot more mucousy tinged with blood than anything else. The second a little heavier. But now after about 4 cyles it's fairly similar to what it was previous to my pregnancy with ds.
This kind of sums it up for me too.  
I left my 2.5 yr old ds for 5 days and although I really didn't want our nursing relationship to end. I thought it could be possible. He was nursing 2-3 times a day at that point. I ended up hand expressing a few times during the day and we picked up again the moment I walked in the door. He nursed until just shy of his 4th birthday.