or Connect

Posts by beebalmmama

Well we've had to lower our standards for feeding guests in our home. We had good friends with whom we often shared meals with every weekend, at eachothers homes. At the time we had just started eating chicken (organic) after being veg for several years. Our friends were pretty mainstream with what they ate. Our finances were pretty tight and so I usually made vegetarian meals, which were still pretty standard for us. My friend was lovely about appreciating our food and...
Ours in on a bottome shelf of a book case in our kitchen. The kitchen table is our "desk" and so we stash it on the bottome portion of a book shelf. It's a three shelf with a iron "3 inch shelf" on the bottom, perfect amount of space to slide in a lap top. We found it at AFW for just this purpose. Fortunately ds hasn't really discovered the fact that it's down there. He'd probably have a tough time pulling it out anyway.
You really need to get a sense for what childcare costs in YOUR area are. Childcare rates vary widely.   What I did was call a few childcare centers and in home daycares (either found on CL or through the local referral number). This gave me a better idea of what the going rate was.   I currently keep one child part time and ended up going somewhere between the centers (really costly here) and the in home daycares. I figured into the cost of providing a low ratio...
Do you think a different brand would be more sturdy to his chewing? I'm not sure since I don't know what you currently have. Just a thought.
Ds1 was in his own twin bed in his own room at 19 months, right after we nightweaned. We never did the rail. Just had a mattress and box spring on the floor with no bed frame. He wasn't much of a mover in his sleep though. His room was minimally furnished and very safe and I didn't have any worries that he would get hurt by something. He generally would come find us in bed if he woke up.
I don't know in some ways it seems arbitrary.   My first ds was EBF, did take a paci, nursed around the clock and started solids at 8 months. AF returned at 7 months.   Ds2 was EBF, took a paci, nursed overnight 2-3 times a night and started solids at 7 months. AF returned at 13 months.   Go figure.
I think the time off from school is going to be the biggest factor, so I would definitely check into that first.  
Is he sleeping at both houses throughout the same week? That's tough. I know that even for me it takes me a couple of days of sleeping in the same place in order to sleep well, especially fall asleep.   Is there something that you can keep the same at both places, white noise, audiobooks, or something else you think he might like. I know that for me if I travel with the same pillow I sleep better because it feels familiar. So you may want to compare bedding with what...
Well it would be indeed tough to consider turning it down if  I actually get an interview and an offer. Which is why I'm thinking this through before I even get the application in this week. I didn't want it to snow ball before I thought it out.   I COULD cut back to just A&P if necessary. But the one problem with that is that it takes me below half time for financial aid. Although my financial aid application is still being reviewed at the moment. But then the job...
I'm not going into nursing but I'm doing some prereqs that are pretty similar to nursing prereqs. I'm going towards a masters in Occupational Therapy and so anatomy and physiology are on the forefront this coming year. It will actually be my first time back to school in 8 years and with kids in tow.   So I plan on attending part time and taking A&P both semesters with an additional online course each semester (psychology courses). This would put me at 6-7 credit...