or Connect

Posts by BennyPai

I need to add in my prenatal pilates video.  I was at a friend's house this morning and couldn't resist the scales in her bathroom.  I knew better, but climbed on anyway.  197.4  Ouch.
Receiving blankets have so many uses.  I've turned mine into cloth wipes and pocket diaper stuffers as well.  I like to use a variety of styles of diapers.  I like pocket diapers when I'm out and about or traveling or for stuffing layers overnight, prefolds & covers during the day.  My stash is probably way too big for having a partially potty trained 2yo... of all the diapers in my stash, though, my favorite favorite favorite thing to put on my girls is the Bummis SWW...
So relieved to hear back, @lovelylilacs.  NO offense intended!  So many people "troll" discussion boards for various reasons, and I've begun to be a little anxious about it.  My first instinct was to trust your communications and not pay any attention to your post count, but after I saw others hadn't heard back from you either I second guessed myself.  Again, so glad to see you again and not have to worry.  :) 
I haven't had the GD test since my first pregnancy.  I think it was orange syrup that mixes with CO2 for soda.  Not so bad, but the fasting sucked.  I monitor my urine and BP, my MW monitors my urine and BP.  If we find something to be concerned about, we'll take it from there.  :)   These MWs I have are pretty obsessed with weighing me.  I don't like it.  At my Friday appointment, my MW accidentally dropped her fetoscope on the scales.  Win for me.  :)
My daughters were so excited about my last DDC bead swap.  I was organizing, and they helped me to sort the beads and loved all of the information that came with them.  I had a second-grader who brought my necklace to school to show her class.  Her teacher said she remembered where each bead came from and she walked around and let everyone see them up close, giving them a chance to touch the fuzzy pussy willow seed bead from Hawaii.  This time around, I've got three...
She messaged back and forth with me until I sent my address, then nothing.  She only had 3 MDC posts and they were all on this thread.  I'm a little nervous about having PMd my address at this point.   
I think I've finally made a decision on a car seat.  DD4 is ready to move from her Roundabout, but DD3 still fits her Boulevard and I don't want her in a giant seat or a booster yet, so I'm going with getting a second Boulevard and moving baby to the Roundabout.  Our oldest two rode in the largest Britax seats, and though they are comfy they are so clumsy to move around, clean, etc.  The Roundabout has one more year before expiration, but will have secured three little...
I've never paid much attention to pregnancy weight gain before.  No matter my start weight, I've gained exactly 35 pounds with each pregnancy, without any monitoring.  Second pregnancy I also dropped 10 pounds (6 during first trimester due to hyperemesis and 4 in the final weeks due to grief).  I was up 25 that time but still had a 10 pound + baby.  The weight gain that has gotten me into trouble is post partum, when I'm breastfeeding and ravenous ... at least there won't...
I just read through the entire thread.  Phew!    Earlier in the discussion, the subject of childcare during labor came up.  This time around, hired doula/childcare is the plan.  I don't really need a doula's birth support, but it would be good to have someone in that role to act as support for our children in and out of the birthing room. We have always had grandparents come over during birth to hang out, feed the children, and usher them to and from the birthing room...
I'm a little jealous of the ice skating, but also happy to see you've been enjoying the winter, @dawncayden  I've been watching my daughters learn to ice skate this winter and wishing I could join them, but it's new to me and I'll just have to learn next winter.  At this point, I don't think it would work out with my hip pain anyway. I remember what it was like to be living in the wrong climate, so I can relate with those who aren't enjoying winter.  I, on the other hand,...