or Connect

Posts by BennyPai

P.S.  @onetwoten  I just read through this discussion thread and saw that you were in a car accident!  I'm guessing you and LO are fine or you probably would've mentioned.  HUGS, anyway, in any case I'm sure it was at the very least a hassle.
I just want to clarify that I shared this information because it is information that I did not have when I was expecting baby #1.  If there is anyone out there new (or just updating research)lurking and seeking information, I just want to make it accessible.  I'm not trying to hijack the car seat discussion or imply anything about anyone's choices.  I just wish I had been told some things a little earlier because some of my babies napped in carseat carriers before I heard...
It seems a strange idea that a baby being left in a particular position in a bouncy seat or car seat or sleeping on their back could lead to developmental delays, but there is solid research out there to back this up.  The stores are selling these gadgets because they can, not necessarily because babies need them.  I am not saying that I would never use an infant seat or swing, but I do use caution limit baby's time in them when possible.  I've met babies with this...
We're using the Britax Roundabout again.  2yoDD is still riding comfortably rear-facing and she's 97th percentile for height & 77th for weight.   Our babies are big (range from 9lb - 10.2lb), and tend to outgrow infant seats quickly.  I don't use them to carry the baby because wearing them is is much more comfortable and easier on the back, and good for baby as well.  Research suggests that car seats restrict oxygen intake, so shouldn't be used over long periods if you...
Another week has begun!    I'm starting this week at 16 weeks along, but that's about to change to 17.  I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going.  My three oldest girls are back to school this week.  Today, school was cancelled due to icy road conditions and freezing rain.  We've been hit by so much inclement weather, power outages, etc. in our region. Downeast coastal Maine usually has a much more mild winter than inland, so it's strange to have had so much...
I'm green, too. Gender will be a surprise.
  Welcome.  :)  I have just recently begun to post here as well.  I am 16 weeks along with my fifth baby, and I'm seeing MWs, but not so sure about having them present during labor and/or birth.
OP, I was left feeling similarly after my fourth birth.  I questioned myself so much - my labor also started with my water breaking for the first time, and I think it shook my confidence in combination with other events, which seemed to compound and left me feeling violated.    What would it take to help you, me or any other suffering mother heal?  Seems like discussing it is a great first step!  Two years have gone by, I'm expecting our fifth baby, and I'm finally...
Here is a website I found, Solace for Mothers healing after traumatic childbirth that seems helpful as well. I haven't spent much time here, but I plan to explore.
Thanks for the tip!  Going on my freezer list.  :)   I subbed nutritional yeast for brewer's yeast. The flavor is more mild, and while nutritional yeast doesn't have chromium, it does have Vitamin B12 so I thought it was a fine trade.  My kids, my neighbor's kids, DP, etc. ate these right up with just that change.  I feel like they might actually be a little high in sugar, especially with the chocolate chips