or Connect

Posts by BennyPai

So hungry reading through these.  Two weeks' worth will probably cover it for us.  The local community came together and I don't think we cooked a single meal for at least 3 weeks PP. I wonder how well/long my favorite cookie recipe would freeze.  A friend of mine froze a big batch and took them out periodically to ship to her friend hiking the A.T.  What do you think, @Sihaya ?  (Major Milk Makin' Cookies) [[SPOILER]]
Guaranteed to be surprise, whether we find out gender or not.  These kiddos come with personalities of their own!  No two alike.    Our last two babies weren't named until after we got to know them for a day or two, which was so nice.  Really took the pressure off.  We don't decorate a nursery, as we cosleep, just attach a sidecar to the bed (It's plain white and doesn't match anything else, not even the trim) for our toddler and newborn sleeps between Daddy & Mama. ...
Looks like we're probably not active enough for a weekly chat, but the weekly chat threads are the part of the Due Date Clubs that I usually refer to for a pregnancy journal later, or for details my MW asks for, so I'll continue.  Feel free to join in.   My MWs came for a home visit yesterday afternoon, and I was so nervous about it all week.  They don't usually do home visits, but they were traveling into the area for other appointments, so we lucked out (their office...
Great topic, OP.  I've been thinking of doing this.  I've talked with my DP.  Now that I've read some of these replies, I'm thinking of asking the MWs about a hands-off, leave me in the birth room until I request their presence approach and see how they respond...
@sgnorton123 :  My DP has also expressed interest in baby catching.  I wouldn't be opposed to it. It's special, and I definitely prefer DP to a non-family member catching.
I answered as closely as I could.  I had a desire to catch my babies, but it hasn't happened yet for various reasons.    Various Reasons:  DD3 came out with such force that she shot across the pool, DD2 needed her cord unwrapped and I was dealing with another complication during pushing (TMI I'm sure & irrelevant besides), DD1 I was exhausted with carpal tunnel symptoms in my wrists and forearms, semi reclined with DP behind me holding my legs, DD4 cord wrapped twice...
Tagging @YoginiMamma for Chloe'sMama 
I have recently become aware of a ceremony that may help myself and others in our journey to heal from birth trauma.  I have had mother blessing ceremonies and participated in birth circles, and they are helpful but this is something that really spoke to me as a way to move through this grief and finally process my emotions.    I am posting links here in case it may help others:    Birth Reclaiming Ceremony – Healing When Your Birth Didn’t Go To Plan Why women are...
OP, I had similar feelings after a traumatic birth experience, and I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all.  It's an emotion to be processed, and like grieving, I don't think there is a right or wrong way to feel.  Kudos to you for expressing yourself!   I had three positive, uplifting experiences followed by a trauma and I just wanted to erase it.  I fought this emotion because it felt selfish and out of touch with reality, like it wasn't how I "should"...
I am looking for suggestions for supplies and equipment suited to self-prenatal care.  I am currently seeing a CPM, but I would like to be more involved and aware in my care this time around.   I have just ordered this urine test strip kit and this blood pressure monitor, which claims to be "automatic" so I assume no particular skill is required to operate it.  I would like to order a fetoscope as well.    Not being experienced, I am not sure of  which specific...