or Connect

Posts by BennyPai

I have felt some small movements, mostly while I'm lying down.  Started last week.  It will be a long time before DP or the children can feel anything from the outside.
DP and our 4 daughters will be present.  Time will tell which children are interested in being in the birth room.  In the past, all of my children have attended and it worked out very well.  Outside our family, this time around, I will be sparing.  I will need someone to care for the children, prepare food & tea in the kitchen, etc.    I wasn't comfortable with these MWs at DD4's birth two years ago, and my labor was more than twice as long as my other home births, so I...
@lilmiss'mama  I'm glad you're feeling better!    I keep elderberry syrup around here for respiratory bugs.  Sleep is probably the best remedy if you can swing it.
Thanks, @SynEpona I think I'm going to give sledding a go.  Gathering with another family sounds like fun!  We used to do that when our girls were all little, and it was so fun.  We ended up having the other families spend the night, though.  The kids built pillow forts and slept there.  Since we've moved to Maine, we've stayed home.  Sometimes due to weather, but these past couple of years I've been overwhelmed with the school schedule and missing my kiddos so I just want...
I couldn't find a chat thread, so I'll start one.  :)  This is a place we can chat about general things and get to know each other.    I'm Jenny, and I have four daughters.  Right now, three of them attend public school and they're home on Christmas break.  Christmas went very well for us.  Simple is always our goal, and I think we achieved it this year.  We always celebrate the new year at home with our girls, making crafts, eating Hoppin-John, and finishing with our...
  15 Weeks today.  I started my fifth  pregnancy at a size 14, with a pronounced belly       I can't zip my winter jacket anymore and my belly button has begun to pop, so the bump has officially arrived.
The earliest belly pic I can find is at 21 weeks with my third baby.
We're planning our fourth home birth, and I have to say I'm in a similar situation with not being completely at-ease with our plan this time around.  Our first two home births were amazing, and I found myself missing that MW so much during my last pregnancy, especially during labor.     I have had positive and negative experiences both at home and in the hospital.  No matter where you birth, it is important to trust your own instincts and make your wishes clear!  This is...
UPDATE:  My midwives gave me the EDD of 6/19 based on my average cycle length.  So please change my EDD from 6/17 to 6/19.  Thanks!  :)