or Connect

Posts by LuvMyLittles

I feel your pain. I have a teen - who is amazing, but needs to go out and have a life. And I have a two and one year old. Some of the things I do - 1. Just go to bed with the babies and enjoy it 2. Get up really early and have my mommy time. 3. Come home after the kids go to daycare and then get ready for work and take the trash out 4. Arrange the furniture to create a "fort" around special projects so destructive hands aren't on them Hugs momma - and good...
I really try to make attending parties and such about the relationship that my dc has with whomever is having the event. We're really poor, so we tend to get creative and make many of our gifts. If the ex is primarily responsible for helping foster the relationship, then how that gets handled is his call, but mostly I try to use those types of events encourage thoughtfulness toward others and generosity. My kids relationship with others has nothing to do with my...
Daddy, Papa, and the man's first name are all fairly common with the kids I know. My lo (almost three) calls the man I am dating Dr. Shannon (Dawto Tannan), because that was the capacity they first met in. His own son (age 4) calls him Shannon.
I was also a "walking dictionary" when younger. It was hard. And I also hear you on the value of communicating effectively with others regardless of their background. Fortunately my 2 year old's "peer group" consists of other bright kids or his child care provider's older kids. He also has a teen aged sister who delights in teaching him words like "squee" from urbandictionary.com from which finds fun words to play with in her peer group. To a certain extent, I...
Yikes - what an awful man. I am so sorry for your experience, but thanks for the timely heads up!
Spring Sun - You bust me up! His doctorates are in Naturopathic and Chinese medicine, so he could be off what I would consider the deep end and (please don't let me offend anyone - there is heavy sarcasm here) very well believe there are aliens living under Mt Shasta who commune with the spiritually enlightened and tell them to write books in lavender ink about herbal enemas that will open up spiritual pathways in humanity so that our indigo children can bring us to a...
I would tread carefully. Maybe take this summer off, take the kids away somewhere, kick him out when you get back, then file. That sounds harsh, but you need to establish yourself as a primary care giver.
So Mr train man and I have talked a couple times on the phone. We're meeting for coffee tomorrow. I know I should be excited, but I am too busy probing everything he's said for signs of psychosis - and finding them. Maybe I'm being too critical or I'm really not ready. Maybe there is an intense spiritual mismatch between liberal but devout Christian me and his amalgam of Eastern and New Age practices. Maybe he is just shy and very lonely and a little awkward - he...
::You can soooo do this!:: Writing an essay? You're a mom - an essay is a piece of cake compared to that. Go for it - and congrats!
Everyone has such beautiful names for their babies! Eldest dd is Sean Brenna Shea Reallonglastname She would have been Devon Craig Garreth Reallonglastname as a boy. Ds is Hezekiah Robert Raymond Name after his grandfathers. He was almost Jedediah so that he could have the initials JRR, but I wanted to be able to call him Zeke. But we ended up calling him Boo or Kiah (Ky-ah). I knew I would eventually end up with another dd so Shiloh Grace Loree was picked out if...