or Connect

Posts by wendizbaby

Well today was another doozy.  It's actually gotten a bit better, but today that all went down the toilet.  I really think it's the crazy teething that goes on this time in their life.  Before, it was the molars coming in, but now I think it's his canines.  He cried and pulled at me and nursed and yelled and then cried some more today.  I'm thinking I need to invest in bigger supplies of chocolate.
I thought we were getting better...then yesterday he nursed all day.  I kept telling him that there was nothing left...I was completely dry.  :)  Then last night, he wouldn't sleep until 10:30 (bedtime is 7:30) and he just nursed and nursed and nursed!  Weirdly enough, today I couldn't get him to nurse!!  I was actually engorged this evening and I was around him all day.  We've got teeth coming in still, but his mental leaps are obvious.  His word comprehension is...
So today I went back into my old posts and found that I was complaining about the exact same thing at the exact same time with my first son who is now 7!  I attributed it at the time to a move we had recently done, but I guess that wasn't the case.  It seemed to clear up a bit shortly after 18 mo.  
Teething here too!  I think my ds was stuck to my boob the entire night...I was in and out of consciousness and every time I woke up he was latched on.  I try not to drink coffee too much, but I've been drinking 2 cups now every morning just to get going!
Just wanted to add that we are going through this too and my ds turns 18mo tomorrow.  It started about 3 weeks ago and is just as you ladies are describing.  It's got a tiny bit better the past few days, but is still difficult.  What an exhausting phase!!
I'm in the middle of crazy screaming and crying all day since my 1.5 year old is cutting 3 molars right now.  I'll forget that I do this down the line when things aren't so hard, but since I'm in the thick of it I can honestly say that I "check out" on some level.  I detach myself a bit from it and become robo-mom because if I don't, I'll blow up at my baby and be super pissed.  I know that sounds totally horrible, but I didn't do this with my first and there was a lot...
I was where you are a few years ago.  I completely agree with everything Mamazee said in her post.  My children are 5, almost 6 years apart.  I LOVED having an only and I was an only, but my husband wanted another.  I had originally wanted two, but have difficult pregnancies and I think have some sensory issues because too much noise drives me nuts.  It wasn't until my first was 3 that I could even consider having another.  So after so many years of avoiding a decision...
We swaddled our 8 month old until about 2 weeks ago.  I definitely don't think he naps as good without the swaddle, but we went cold turkey and I'm not turning back.  One thing that helps out a lot is putting him on his tummy to sleep.  He falls and stays asleep much better than on his back.  I just don't want to keep swaddling because we don't have any blankets big enough and he gets really hot in the swaddle.  Fortunately though, he sleeps fine through the night next...
He's fine.  What a great husband you have!  I personally have a dh that would do that for me, but I don't know many women who do.  
Well....SOMEthing has got to be going on!  And probably by the time you figure it out, it'll all be over and you'll have your sleeping baby back.  I was just going through this two weeks ago with my 7mo.  His naps were getting shorter, frequent night wakings....it was horrible.  I kept searching to see if it was something I'm doing wrong.  And then suddenly, it stopped and he went back to sleeping well.  So ya, that's not really good advice, but it seems like with babies...