or Connect

Posts by wendizbaby

My ds is 5 months and he still catnaps.  I hate it because I can't get much done or plan much.  His catnaps are on a pretty good routine, though.  But with 5 naps during the day, I'm pretty much stuck at home.  I'm hoping for a consolidation of naps around 6 months.  
I also wanted to add that with this baby (my second), I completely lowered my expectations of what can get done when I am home with him.  With my first, I was always stressed out about the house being clean, etc.  This time, I have my husband watch the baby and my older son on Sunday and I get all of the housework done for the week.  That way, my main focus for the rest of the week is the baby.  That's not to say that I'm not doing things throughout the week (laundry,...
I was just thinking to myself today that my baby seems to cry more now then he did when he was younger (he's nearly 5mo).  I really do think it's developmental.  They are becoming much more aware at this time and start to have an opinion about what they want to be doing.  They also seem to be more vocal about it.  I noticed that my ds seems to want to be upright more often now then before.  He seems really happy when I hold him sitting up then when I lay him down.  I...
I bought this monitor recently: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FGWA8G/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details So far (I've had it 3 months) it's been great.  It has a microphone adjustment feature on the base and you can make it so you hear nothing until noise reaches a certain level.  For the price, I feel the quality is really good.  It has multiple channels and even tells you the temperature in the baby's room.   With my first, I too had a home phone that had a room...
I wanted to add.....nothing wrong with "checking out" while holding a crying baby.  Do what you need to do to get through it and not go mad.  
We went through that for the first 3 months with our son (he's 4 months now).   My dh finally had it one day because his back and knees were killing him.  He revisited the swaddle and we haven't looked back since.  We have an entire routine now...I darken his room, turn on THREE noise makers - one in the room, one on his swing and one in a stuffed giraffe hanging from his swing.  They aren't loud...they just surround him with water noise.  Then I swaddle him, nurse him...
We just had our 4 month appointment and my babe went down from being in the 5th percentile for weight at his 2 month to being in the 2nd percentile.  He is EBF, very content after eating, meeting all of his milestones, etc, etc, etc.  I'm still worried, though.  My ds1 always maintained in the 5th percentile, so being so small didn't bother me, but going down the charts does.  When he was two weeks old, he wasn't gaining very well either.  My pediatrician recommended...
Funny you posted this!  I was going to get on here and post something similar to see how long this "4 month sleep regression" lasts!  For the past week, our 4 month old fights naps like crazy and is only sleeping about 30 minutes/ nap.  Just last week, we swaddled, nursed and he was out like a light.  Now he arches his back as I'm nursing and cries when I swaddle.  I hope this passes quickly!
Thank you, LivingSky.  I think I misunderstood what the original poster was saying.  I thought she meant NEVER give purees and NEVER let them eat with small spoons.  HA!  I was wondering why not purees and what size of spoon should they be eating with (I took it a little to literally)!  :)  Yes...force feeding a child purees sounds like a horrible idea.  I guess having any sort of an agenda in regards to your child learning to eat is a horrible idea.  I think having a...
Aaaah...sorry about that.  The Hyland's colic tabs are homeopathic.  :)