or Connect

Posts by wendizbaby

I'll chime in here.....my ds is now 4 months old and had terrible reflux.  We were afraid to even hold him upright after a feeding for at least a half an hour.  I told his pediatrician and she asked if he was fussy before or after the spit up.  He wasn't, so there didn't seem to be a concern.  She told me that the valve that keeps stuff in your stomach doesn't work yet in babies and that it will get better with time, so I never considered doing anything about it.  Now at...
I agree, her napping seems pretty normal.  I think what just sucks is that she's just not a happy baby.  I am not a schedule person, but I am definitely trying to get some type of routine going on around here.  My ds wakes at about 7:30am, naps from 9-10am, 12-1pm, 3-4pm, 6-7pm and then around 9 he either takes another nap or he'll go down for the night.  If he naps, then he goes to sleep around 10:30.  We co-sleep, so he nurses at 2-3ish and then seems to constantly...
Usually around 10, he'll stay asleep for the night and wake up between 7:30 and 8.  We usually have a feeding around 2,4 and 5am.  
My neighbor does this with purees that she makes and she loves it too. I'm not trying to be rude, but what is wrong with pureed food?  It sounds like a great way to get different tastes and nutrition in your babe.  I'm just wondering why anyone would not want to try that route if they are afraid of choking.  I am VERY afraid of choking...I've had to pull food out of my 5 year old ds more times then I am comfortable with (ONCE is actually enough), so will be very careful...
I realized I haven't posted my numbers in awhile, so here is an update:     Pre-preg:    125 lbs At delivery:  185 lbs 12/8, 3.5 weeks pp: 165 lbs 12/30, 6.5 weeks pp: 160 lbs 2/20, 14 weeks pp: 152lbs   MAN, this weight loss is slow!  I lose about a pound a week, so that's good, but it feels like it is taking forever!  I've started walking and doing something extra each day to move this along quicker.  I'm still in my late pregnancy clothes...none of...
Good Job!!!  We've only had our mortgage debt, but now these student loans (booooo).  I was bad and didn't pay for school with cash (that would have been the Dave thing to do!)
We're getting back $3,000 this year...this will be the last of the good refund years because my dh graduated from college and we aren't taking out any more student loans.  Now we have to pay them back!  So, that's what we are doing with this years refund.  I'm going back to following Dave Ramsey and will be aggressively paying off the $25,000 debt we now have.  Fun!   Funny about the bum-patting!  I never did that with ds1, but it I tried it with this kiddo and it...
We aren't following the CDC's schedule, but are vaccinating.  For this baby, we haven't done the Hep B or the rotovirus.  At 2 months, he got his Dtap and at 3 months his HIB.  We'll be doing 1 vaccine a month until he's about a year.  I'll do the MMR after he's 2.  I'm afraid to vax and I'm also afraid not to vax.  It's a wonderful conundrum.  
No...it really has a voice activation mode. And a microphone sensor on the base where the baby is to pick up every little sound or only ones that are louder.  I've found it to be loud enough, but haven't had to use it during a party or anything.  Just me and my other son here.  There really is no static or background noise with this model.  It's pretty good!
I've been using this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FGWA8G/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details.  So far, so good!  Both use batteries, but can be plugged in.  It's voice activated and it even tells you the temperature of where your baby is.  I bought it because of all the good reviews on Amazon.