or Connect

Posts by wendizbaby

My 1st son was the same way and as others have said, got better with the convertible car seat.  He got even better once he was turned around.  I was just thinking about how awful it was with him the other day and I realized that he gets really bad motion sickness in the car even to this day.  Every time we go on a road trip, he ends up vomiting at least once.  I wonder if there is a correlation?  
I cut out chocolate and it stopped Paxton's crazy 3 hour crying period at night.  Actually, I now avoid anything with caffeine....which really sucks. 
Wow dsb, that was fast!!  I'm far from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'm losing a pound per week, so I shouldn't complain.  I honestly am not finding the time to exercise.....I don't know how you ladies do it.  When my ds1 gets his new bike for his birthday this weekend, I plan on doing 45 minute walks in the late afternoon with the two of them.  
Oh Jenine!  I'm so sorry you are going through this!!  My first son was not this bad, but bad enough.  I was miserable and cried often right along with him.  He cried all the time.  Holding him helped, but sometimes it didn't.  In fact, I was looking through my past posts and I started a thread about holding him and just letting him cry.  I felt like I was doing CIO because I couldn't stop the crying.  We finally resolved ourselves to just holding him like you do and...
Well...in my experience with my first, I found that he never got what I had and I assumed because he was getting all the antibodies my body was creating to fight it.  Besides, your son is going to get your germs anyway because you are probably with him all day.  Also, when my son DID get sick, breastfeeding was a lifesaver...it was the only thing he could keep down.     ETA:  I just did a quick google search and found this...
I don't have time.  For some reason, I thought I would.  I could go walking in the afternoon after my ds1 is home from school, but it has been pretty cold out and I would like the baby to be a little older before I take him out.  Last time I did, he seemed to have a hard time breathing in the cold air.  I think walking is the only way I'll be able to work out, which is fine because I love it.
My 7 week old has done this from day 1.  He did it a lot in the hospital and the pediatrician said not to worry.  He spits up at least 3 times/ day and always sounds congested.  I use the snot sucker a lot.  :)  This is one reason (of many) that I have him sleep on my arm all night.  He actually sort of sleeps on his side and I cradle him with my arm.  Sounds uncomfortable, but I don't think I could sleep if he was on his back away from me.  I've had him actually choke...
Hi Ladies! I never seem to have time to get on the computer these days!  My weight is finally starting to come off a bit after a 3 week slump.  I got the okay this past week for unrestricted exercise (though I don't know when I'll find the time).   Here are my numbers:   Pre-preg:    125 lbs At delivery:  185 lbs 12/8, 3.5 weeks pp: 165 lbs 12/30, 6.5 weeks pp: 160 lbs   I was really bad over the holiday, but have started watching what I eat.  I was...
I'll chime in!  Totally normal: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/sleep-problems/8-infant-sleep-facts-every-parent-should-know I think whatever is getting your baby to sleep is what you should do!  I did what you are describing with my first ds and he is now sleeping soundly in his own bed all night (he's 5).  :) Good luck!    
My ds sleeps wonderfully in the swing or bouncer, but after 4pm he MUST be held. Holding him right now, so this is short...