or Connect

Posts by Pen

We use about two cups raw milk and a 'dash' of cream plus two eggs yolks and some maple syrup. It's been so long but I know we didn't have much cream and it turned (get the pun?) out delicious.
Last weekend I realized that I spent the entire day in the kitchen! Cooking, cleaning, fixing, planting, rearranging, kneading... I can see or hear everything from there so I didn't miss out on anything and I realized that I really had a great time. I also realized that the place was never clean so that I always had something to do. It was then that I decided to think of my kitchen as a "living kitchen". Since then I found that the place has a pulse and I can...
I used to vax because I was threatened with “the law.” I read the law (that was handed to me on a nice piece of paper.) I never thought that there was an exception. They were very convincing. Since I was already in hot water for going against medical advice (ie breastfeeding past six weeks), I didn’t raise too much of a stink. No, I didn’t do my homework. I am now and still researching but have not found any evidence that a vax is safer than the disease. That’s why I...
I think it’s part of our culture, just like taking a pill - we can blame some one else for just about everything. If a mom feels guilty of a choice she made, then she has three choices: feel guilty, change her thinking, change her choice. It’s amazing how much power women want to give away.
I guess I wasn’t thrilled. My husband said, “luke-warm” and “wishy-washy.” I heard: Some think NIP is okay, some don’t. No new insight into either - opinion. I didn’t see anything that would cause a stir in getting someone to seriously consider how they view NIP. I don’t see how it would advance lactivism. On the other hand, by reinforcing - the some do, some don’t mentality, I think it may actually ‘allow’ people to choose what they feel more comfortable with and in...
Something in your wording…”can’t decide when and which ones to do” It’s like you are at a restaurant and need to choose something to eat but don’t know which entrée. We decided to delay until we had more info and then decided that none of the vaxes were worth it. You can delay and you can select certain ones but you don’t have to choose any if you don’t want. If you aren’t hungry, don’t eat. If you are hungry but don’t like the selection, go somewhere else. (to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyamae's Mama We give 16 mo dd almost anything that she is interested in trying, even raw onions LOL!!! Raw onions and pickles were one of my children's first foods. And still favorites. I'd say it was okay. And there are good things about salt and vinegar. I feel better when the kids eat things that I made, like mammas milk . But perhaps you would feel better if you made your own pickles. We like to add lots...
I voted unschool okay. There are loads of things, I don't want him to read but part of my job is to help direct him. He has his own compass and it's my job to make him aware of it. When he comes across something that make him cringe, I point it out and help him identify his feelings and thougts about it. My limits are time - how can a child read 16 hours a day?! Urgh!
Quote: Originally Posted by DWAXSMOM I really had a very different take on this ad. I actually thought it was right on target by giving the message that just because you are breastfeeding you don't have to change the way you look or the way you live your life. That's exactly my point. "you don't have to change you look" Before I was pregnant, I didn't wear nursing clothes or even clothes that looked like that. Personally, they aren't my...
We waited 20 months for af but I thought something was starting to change about three months before that. I can't put my finger on it, really. No cramps, no weight gain, maybe increased libido/secretions, no big change with the baby's nursing or sleeping. A few times, I said,uh, is this the week? But when I did actually ovulate, I didn't need to ask. I suddenly remembered how it felt and said yep this time it's for real and I got the cloth ready. Of course the luteal...