or Connect

Posts by Pen

You know...I really like the idea of 'convenient' vs. 'discreet'. I think I'll write a letter. But now that I think of it, I think I'd be happier (but not happy exactly) seeing those adds in more mainstream publications even if they used the word 'discreet.' It would still make me cringe but it might get people more familiar with breastfeeding. (although, possibly at a cost that could not be recouped)
I have been told that respectable nursing is done in nursing clothes (these are the same people that think that if there is a ‘nursing room’ that that is where it should be done.) I think that nursing clothes should be available. Ironically, I found that many nursing clothes showed more breast than a pulled up shirt, and as much as if not more than a pulled down halter top. My problem with those ads is the use of the word ‘discrete’ and I am afraid that people who can’t...
Mostly water and a wash cloth. Once a week or so we use jojoba oil on the little one and once a month or so a very dilute bs/acv for her hair. If we are stuck we use olive oil. Sometimes we add so EO's. (so far only lav for the little one) The older one who gets VERY dirty climbing trees all day and digging to China (I can only assume based on the amount of dirt) gets more BS and a bath for each continent explored. We still use jojoba oil on his face. For hands...
Hi! Okay - vaccine awareness.... Well, I would like to know more about how to prevent coerced and possibly forced vaccination, what the laws are and how they differ, how to register vaccine reactions, how to recognize vaccine reactions, and how to minimize damage from vaccines. As far as diseases, we are not afraid of any. Good luck on your workshop!
I don't know anyone who has been harrassed because they NIP....Of course, I don't know anyone else who breastfeeds either (public or private) Sorry....
I'd rinse and use.
At 4years and 40 + lbs - we used the over the shoulder Baby holder and the Maya wrap sling. Different baby at 1-2 years and 20 -25 lbs, we used the maya wrap sling, moby wrap, woven wrap, longish tied shawl, longish tied scarf, and just plain arms. It is harder to do stuff while walking around without a holder of some kind but it still works well. Good luck! I hope you find a way that works for you.
Nevermind. Owner found.
A kitten found us!!! An older kitten came to play. It didn't go home. It found it's way inside. I think I'm in love. I know we will have to post pictures in the morning. But in the meantime, what do we do?? We gave her/him some tuna and some water. She/he ate nearly the whole can of tuna and didn't touch the water. We think she peed - inside. Before - when we thought she's just go home when she wanted - she pawed at the ground and did a lot of sniffing. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by poopzmom One year I had the flu so bad I could'nt move. This just stuck out in my head. I had the flu once and it was awful. I was delerious with a fever. I was so sick I couldn't move. I could barely take care of my son. It lasted two full days. I'll never forget it. Then I had my first flu shot. Two weeks later, I couldn't move. I couldn't feed myself. I couldn't roll over in bed. I couldn't make it to...