or Connect

Posts by Pen

It's summer here so my 15 month old is barefoot. We'll look when it gets chilly.
Quote: Originally Posted by TigerTail this is walk for 30 seconds to mildly inconvenience yourself. A lot of us are assuming there is a bathroom available. Or that everyone is talking about a restaurant (wasn't britney at VS?). Or that we are talking about feces and not urine. Or a baby that wiggles, or doesn't. As I read these posts, I can see how wonderfully diverse our lifestyles are. I would like us to also see that we are talking...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lúthien Lossëhelin You will see me going back to the car or into a public restroom to change a diaper as soon as you see me go to either place to nurse. :
I know I would never want to wait to have my diaper changed so I try to get my children out of their diapers as soon as possible. I think a lot depends on the situation. I imagine that a child sitting in a dirty/wet diaper on the floor would not bother people. Why would changing the diaper be any different? (Unless they were formula fed, of course - PU.) Also, there has been a lot of talk about changing in the car or stroller. I don't see a difference between the...
Speaking of Maryland... twice in one day at the same mall...two comments that may have had been nothing, but in light of all the dirty looks, I'm just not sure. One at a Carlton card shop was, how old is your baby...and then...she getting a little big for that now isn't she? Then at the Starbucks, I can give you a bag so you can take it with you. (three people, three drinks?) At the nurse in there was a comment made that we were crazy and that the VS customer that...
I remember another funny one (well, I thought so anyway). While nursing my 9 MONTH old, I was accused of treating him like a baby. :
Quote: Originally Posted by tgperg These women were OTHER RNs telling me this BS!!!!! Can you believe that?? I'm afraid I can. Sad, isn't it? (I'm an RN, too) The worse comment I've heard brings tears to my eyes. But, I will share a comment(s) from a man I met on the street. She's so small, he says. Is she eating cereal? No. Is she eating out of those little jars? No. Aghast, he asked, what is she eating. Milk, I answered. From...
crisis averted - dh forgot his debit card and he's not going back. ds still hadn't decided. I figured since he often cuts his own hair - how much worse could it be if I cut it. I could come up with something neat using flax seed hair gel. He didn't go for that - mom's not hip enough, I guess.
He needs to know before hand. I also don't know where he's going and if there's a wait expected. We have also tried that before and they are not very patient. I've noticed people aren't very patient with children in general - oops sorry another thread... I have also suggested he wait until he knows what he wants...this impulsiveness, honestly I don't know where he gets it. KEHEHEHEHE
I think DH and DS are going to the barber this evening (in 2 hours). DS wants dreds, no he wants his head shaved, no he want the regular, no he wants to do it himself, no he wants a padwadin (sp?) braid. Hey, how 'bout a mohawk? URG! : I don't care what he has but I do think he needs suggestions. Does anyone have pictures or links to "really cool haircuts"? He's eight and begining to realize that there is a world out there with all kinds of hair - and he...