or Connect

Posts by Mommy22B

Thank you all so much. Being understood helps tons. Dh is a very good listener. He feels so so bad for me that I am feeling this way. Last night we had another long talk about it and I realized, like one of you said, that losing weight will not help because If I lost weight I would imagine that dh loves me more and I would feel loved only for my weight. Also last night dh told me honestly how he feels. He explained that he doesn't even notice wether a girl is hot or...
I am not exactly sure where to put this but I need to get it out. I have a very very low self esteem and it really effects my everyday life. I am coming to realize that i need to get help, counceling or something. But that is hard for me to face. It is embarresing. but I have to do something... I feel fat, and more than that, jealous. I have the most wonderful dh. He is a great father and a wonderful friend and lover. He tries to make me feel beautiful, and I know...
It is hard to watch them when they are so upset. You sound like you are doing finedealing with the fit when it happens. They usually cant stand to be touched But I agree that I don't feel comfortablejust walking away. I just usually talk to herquietly until she is ready for me to hug her. I too just try to make sure to have her settled at home when it nears nap time so that we wont have to deal with leaving the park or coming inside, etc..And If i sense a fit coming on...
I got the "You had an epidural last time, you don't even know what real labor is, how do you know you can handle it?" line from my sister in laws. That really hurt me, though it shouldn't have,. Like, thanks for all the faith you have in my body.
I read a book called Brought to Bed about the history of childbirth in America. It was pertty interesting to see how men and "obstetrics" too k over midwifery. It was sad to see that it was the women of the time who wanted to turn the whole thing over t o men. I am glad there is a resurgance of midwifery today and I am honored that i am a part of it. I always felt sill y because I have alway s wanted female gyns. How sad it is to me that I felt silly about that. Our yoni...
My dh's family was sot of passive unsupportive. We let the word leak to one of his sisters and didnt hear anything from them for months. Then when I was about 8 months along we mentioned maybe having one of them watch Serra when I was in labor and we said "YOu know we are having a homebirth , right?' They saidthey were very against it and that it was so scary but the conversation didnt go much farther. Then a couple of weeks later my husbands three sisters sat us down to...
This is a tough one here too. We don't have cable but it is constant videos sometimes. The past month or so has been bad and i claim the new baby and so many sicknesses as the cause, but now i am serious so I moved the TV into the closet yesterday. We have a little TV with the VCR attatched and we have decided to keep it away and have one movie night a week. We tried to keep our big TV and just cover it with a sheet when not in use, but that just wasn't enough so now we...
I had alovely watebirth last month. THe pushing stage was incredibly fast so I don't know how nice it was then , but let me tell you, laboring in the water was really nice. i labored the whole time (in and out of the water in my hands and knees rocking my hips around, and the water rushing against my skin was nice. i also liked how she came out nice and clean.
I really don't understand how people can be so silly. If you need and ego boost or a friend call a 900 # , don't try to make a strange child love you. My dd islike Amum's ds. She will make friends with people as long as she gets to make the first move. If they are too forward she is very shy. It actually took me awhile to really respect her for this and learn to protect her from people. i was just caught up in the "Kids should be sweet and pleasant and go to anyone"...
Thank you so much for bringing this up, and thank you linda for your advice. My babes are 18 months apart (1 month and 19 months now) and i am trying now to get over the horrible guilt of feeling like I wish I had waited longer. I love them both to death and love having them but can't help but to think how foolish it was to have them so close. I feel like I am not doing them right. Thank you for that statement about all three of you sitting on the floor crying. That is...