or Connect

Posts by HokieGirl

Hi Mama's   It's been a long time since I've been on these boards, but you all are always a wonderful resource. I just noticed last night that my 8.5 year old has underarm hair. I swear it wasn't there a week ago! She's been wearing deodorant for a couple years now because of bad BO.   She's 2nd grade and almost 4'11' tall and 85 lbs - so all signs indicate it's just slightly early puberty - since she's within the range of normal. I vaguely remember shaving by...
Hi all, Just moved to Raleigh - loving it so far. I scoped out previous postings and think I've found a dentist and pediatrician, but am looking for suggestions for well woman care - would love a one stop shop for all my health care needs (which are pretty few at this point - knock wood) - birthing days are over, but still need the occasional pap and regular check up. Any suggestions would be appreciated - prefer to stay in Raleigh/Cary area - but am working in RTP,...
Hi all, We are moving to the Triangle area in August - I'll be going back to work full-time - which I'm actually very excited about - but - this late in the year we are having a hard time finding a preschool for our 3.5 year old daughter that still has openings. We'll be living in downtown Raleigh, but I'll be working up in Morrisville area. Does anyone have any suggestions for preschools or child care that might still be accepting new kids? Thanks for any help...
Hi there, We are about ready to put our two girls (18 mos. and 3.5) in the same room. Right now, they both go to sleep pretty easily on their own, but at the same time, with reading and cuddling. And they wake up at the same time b/c when the 3.5 year old wakes up she goes to wake up her little sister. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to make the transition easier (not easy!). Or if it is just a matter of setting aside a month or so and...
Help... I'm trying to think of something my 3 year old can make to give to her babysitter - she is getting married. I was thinking of having her decorate a picture frame - I was going to give her ribbons/beads - help her with the glue - But I didn't know if anyone had any other ideas. I'd love to hear them. I like the apron idea - folks have mentioned - mabye with our girls handprints on them or something. It will also sort of be a going away present because she...
Hi everyone, We just moved into a new house that we absolutely love. The only "problem" is that our almost 3 year old dd and our 10 mos old dd have to share a room. During the night this isn't a problem as the 3yr old will sleep through anything. We are trying to figure out a bedtime routine that works for everyone though. We do the routine stuff, bath on bath nights, PJs, books, cuddling/talking, then lights out for the toddler. But the baby is still nursing or...
Hi all, Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I'm just wondering if anyone has used the newer style double jogger strollers - with the two front pivoting wheels - like the mtn buggy urban double. I currently have a dbl jogger with the single, non-pivoting front wheel. But I also have a child who is 35lbs and one who is 15lbs and b/c of the difference, the stroller constantly veers to one side. I'm just wondering if the 2...
Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to get an Ergo or just stick with our frame backpack. We'll primarily use it for hiking/walking. My 2 year old is almost 35lbs. I'm 5'9" and DH is 6'2". My main problem with the frame backpack is that it adds another 10-15 lbs, beyond DD's weight. So what's the most you've carried on your back? And for how long? She's to the point that she'll be doing quite a bit of the hiking on her own, but we still want the option of carrying...
I knew a guy in college named Traill - I think it had 2 L's - River (as in Phoenix)
What?? You mean there is stuff we are supposed to have done before the baby gets here????? We are going to be lucky to have drywall up and kitchen cabinets up, much less have a nursery done! We have a baby bjorn that was passed on from a friend, does that count? I'm thinking we'll start thinking about this after Thanksgiving, and possibly after Christmas! Our EDD is 1/21 Kristi