or Connect

Posts by ~member~

Quote: Originally Posted by shannyshan Question.. Just so I am clear, Colostrum provides natural immunity which is lifelong, and breastfeeding provides passive immunity which isn't? Well, right now, since we have no way of measuring memory cells, both are claimed to be passive. http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/colostrum.html Quote: Colostrum actually works as a natural and 100% safe vaccine. So, at least, similar to a...
Blood titers are worthless in a child who will still show passive immunity. They are also worthless if done on a breastfeeding toddler or on one who has been weaned less than a year.
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence I wonder how someone in poverty could pay for such a test since insurance will not pay for it unless it is medically necessary. I mean this in all seriousness. I ask because I have had this done on me TWICE in the last 7 years. I had three viles of blood taken the first time and just one series of tests was $1500. The others were $800 each. I had to actually argue to get my insurance to pay. The second time, even...
Quote: Originally Posted by DQMama Did you have to pay for yours? No, I did not. Our doctor said it was necessary and the insurance covered it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trillian That is not even theoretically possible. The genetic code is modified by mutation and natural selection. The idea that acquired characteristics like active immunity can be incorporated into the genetic code is Lamarckian evolution, and long since discredited. Only certain parts of the theory were discredited. And, yes, I understand that the genetic code is modified through mutation. There has been many...
Quote: Originally Posted by knowerofnada I KNOW I shouldn't be going to WBV's, I HATE them, they STRESS me out......but I really, really feel like I need that paper trail.... You don't need to see a Pediatrician to get the paper trail. A family practioner or even the Public Health Nurse is fine.
My first hospital birth was awesome, then again, I had an OB who understood and respected mother's right to birth, and who used to attend homebirths or be available for UC's if a problem arrised. All the rest of my hospital births were nightmares.
When my ds was younger, he LOVED his sister's shirts with the flowers or flower decals on them. It is so sad that most people think it's not okay for boys/males to wear clothing or accesories that is pretty, kwim?
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence I can't believe you just wrote that women in third world countries do not give their babies colostrum. They don't have formula so what the hell are they giving them? Yes, those babies, put to the breast after birth ARE getting colostrum. Several people have pointed out your flawed logic on this matter and even used the very links you gave to show that it does not give lifelong immunity. You are wrong. Admit it and...