or Connect

Posts by ~member~

Quote: Originally Posted by Trillian But the discussion on that page refers to the evolution of genetic immunity via natural selection, and has nothing to do with breastfeeding. That is correct. I was not trying to use that as a means of showing breastfeeding confers gentic immunity. I was merely showing that genetic immunity exists. Quote: Originally Posted by Trillian I think you are misunderstanding what "genetic...
Blood titers Quote: Blood titer measurements can be very helpful in determining medical treatment. Antibody titers can tell the doctor if the patient has immunity to diseases such as measles, small pox, and hepatitis. Anyone can get them done. It is a test, and as long as you pay for it, they are not going to say no.
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence Then your kids can't be immuned as you claimed to pertussis based on your previous statements. I believe that when I wrote that, I clearly stated that I wasn't for sure about pertussis, but was sure about measles, smallpox, mumps, etc. Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence One because their is no known protectice titer antibody to pertussis that can determine if a child or person,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Trillian So, the immunity acquired by nursing babies is passive immunity, and is not lifelong. In terms of antibody tests, sure. In terms of memory cells, I don't think that has ever been studied or if it has, it is not readily available on the web. Quote: Originally Posted by Trillian The term genetic immunity refers to the fact that not all diseases are capable of infecting humans in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence Especially with pertussis. You also don't get lifelone immunity from pertussis -- even if you get it. That is correct. http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/pert.pdf Quote: Immunity following B. pertussis infection does not appear to be permanent. Quote: Pertussis is primarily a toxin-mediated disease.
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence Not for chicken pox. That is not what I asked, so, I am going to assume, that, yes, you did have your child(ren) vaccinated and I provided a link showing that vaccines suppress immune system functioning, therefore, making people susceptible to disease. Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence My son, who was not vaccinated with anything, who was not only breastfed by me, but got EBM from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bisou Do you not watch TV yourself either? No. Our television has no antenna and no cable. It's basically just a monitor for the dvd player. I grew up without a tv, not even for movies. On the rare occasions we went to the movies it was at the drive-in or the dollar show. I did know what tv was, as all but one of my friends watched it. Those who watched it were not as fun, as they just wanted to sit and watch it...
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence I had chicken pox while pregnant and my daughter still got them as a toddler. I am just not buying into this whole thing, and I breastfeed my kids. Did you vaccinate your daughter? Vaccinations and Immune Suppression Quote: Toraldo, et al found that the chemotaxis and metabolic function of PMNs (polymorphonuclear neutrophils) was significantly reduced after vaccinations were given and did not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Houdini So if the mother has had chicken pox as a child and then breastfeeds her baby, the immunity is passed and the baby won't get chicken pox at all? Trying to see if I understand correctly. http://www.mansfield.ohio-state.edu/...on/black17.htm Quote: Naturally acquired immunity (colostrum) Naturally acquired immunity is that immunity acquired upon exposure to a specific pathogen particularly in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Houdini As far as genetic immunity......would that be something just passed by females to their babies through breastmilk or would it just be incorporated into the gene pool to be passed down the line through male and female? Genetic immunity is passed ontp both sexes. http://www.mansfield.ohio-state.edu/...on/black17.htm Quote: While specific immunity must be learned (i.e., may be acquired), innate...