or Connect

Posts by indignantgirl

128-ish.  That's with three kiddos nursing 3+ years, and the current nursling being almost 15 months old.  I anticipate a total of 156 months by the end of nursing this one, but then no more because DH is getting the snip next month.  
We probably won't be able to visit both; his job will pay a certain amount of our expenses when he goes out to interview with the new boss for the transfer but that will have to be after we've decided which place to go.    I'm certain I don't want rural, though.  But for some reason, I guess because Charlotte is so big, I thought there'd be tons of sprawl in all directions.  If there's nothing in that direction (I guess because there's nothing to sprawl toward) then...
    Well, DH's job would be in Norwood, which is quite a drive to Charlotte proper.  He doesn't want to drive more than 30-40 minutes each way on his commute, which would put us 20 miles or so east of Charlotte, in the direction of Norwood.  I did get the impression from the map that not much is in the area.  I'd hoped I'd be close enough to Charlotte to have some local stuff going on, and be closer to Charlotte and all that is available there.  But a 20 minute drive for...
Stardogs, your point about living in the suburbs of CLT making it more similar to Greenville is exactly what I was wondering.  If I'm not going to really get the city experience of CLT because of living so far in the suburbs, then it might be worth the downtown access to live in Greenville proper.  Plus that does take DH down from a 40 mile commute to about 10-15 miles.   Sounds like it would be more like weekend trips to the ocean from either place then, rather than...
Thing is, the Charlotte option isn't exactly that because my husband would be working an hour east of Charlotte and doesn't want to commute all the way to Charlotte.  So we'd probably be about 20 minutes to the east of Charlotte.   Now, the pros for the Charlotte area is there seems to be a lot of homeschooling and crunchy mama resources, plus it's closer to the ocean.  The major cons are we wouldn't be in the city proper and the point of our relocation is for me to...
I think in this case I'd respect her desire to be called a different name, and support her when it comes to having teachers and family call her by it.  But as far as changing it legally, I'd make sure it took first.    My almost-12yo wants to change his middle name; he's hated it since he was old enough to know he had a middle name.  We have no idea why, he's always said he just hates the sound of it.  The only thing that's kept us from changing to the name of his...
Both of my boys have had long hair, but one has always kept his long.  Here he is at 3-ish: Here's a pic of him (on the far right) at 7: His hair has been the same style all along, long and loose.  When he was in karate he would have to wear it in a ponytail, but for the most part I can't even get him to tuck it behind his ears.  He likes it to flow. :)   It gets so hot here in southern OK because he has SO MUCH HAIR.  A tight ponytail is almost 2...
I think the way I present it when asked (perhaps my wording, perhaps my tone when I speak) keeps people from giving negative feedback, because I don't recall that I've ever received any.  I seriously get the impression that people are afraid to say anything at all.    Which sucks, actually, because when somebody has a birth that society-at-large is more comfortable with, they get to talk about their births, get asked questions, get to feel special for bringing life...
It varies not only from person to person but from nursling to nursling.  I've always been the very definition of ecological nursing, including delayed solids and non-breastmilk liquids, cosleeping (and thus nursed throughout the night) and napping with baby, never used pacifiers or other comfort objects, etc, and with the first 3 babies I got AF back at 5-6 weeks postpartum.  I envied all those mamas who kept AF away with nursing!   I'm now 9 months postpartum with...
It is hard coming to terms with it and there's really no easy way to.  I think my boys were almost 8 when I finally put them in boosters (they were previously in a Britax Regent) and my 5.5yo dd is still rearfacing in a True Fit (although she was forward facing for a couple of months this winter when her winter wear got her close to the weight limit).  I always hate the ff'ing and the booster transitions; the kids look so vulnerable!  I guess eventually I get used to it;...