or Connect

Posts by WishIwasinMN

Hi everyone--I'd like to start cloth diapering my dd, but the upfront cost is going to be kind of hard on us, so had some questions. I was thinking of going aio (feel kind of lazy wanting to do that!), but of course they are awfully expensive. So was checking out fitted diapers with covers and the few that I looked at were more for the two than an aio. And then was wondering about contoured diapers--how do you fasten them--with a pin? And do they leak since they don't...
My 2 yr old ds is out of control and I don't know what to do. Right this minute he is in his room screaming bloody murder like someone is killing him. The reason? I gave him a bath. I can't do anything with him. When I change his diaper (forget potty training), he kicks, screams, bites, scratches, hits and I literally have to sit over him to change him. I've started putting him to bed wearing the clothes he will wear the next day because dressing him is unbearable. He...
My 5/12 yr old dd has suddenly (the last 3 wks or so) refused to sleep in her room. She has literally cried to the extent that she has made herself throw up. Dh and I have gone crazy trying to find out what could have started this and have come up with nothing. When I ask her, she has a different reason every time: my calendar looks different, my closet door is open, my curtains look funny, etc. etc. I just don't know what is going on. She has been sleeping in our bed...
You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had a VBA2C and it was incredible. Please go to ican-online.org. There is such a wealth of information there and their is also a mailing list. I learned so much from all the women on this list--I never would have done it without them. Please visit this site and join the list--you will never regret it! Jaci
Hi everyone. My 3 1/2 month old breastfed dd pooped just fine for the first month or so (several times a day-which my other two did), but then she stopped and would not poop for days. She is still doing this and as of today has not pooped for 6 days. She is also very gassy and it smells horrendous. When she does poop it is yellow/orangeish and it doesn't have the 'seeds' like my other childrens did. I had been worried that she was constipated, but the stools are not...
Hi! I know this is a little off topic but didn't know where to ask! Had my precious dd 3 wks ago tomorrow and doc gave me episiotomy and then I tore. Don't know how big a tear--doc wouldn't tell us--don't even want to go there. Tho' midwife (was planned homebirth-ended up transferring but did have successful VBA2C!) said she thought it looked like about a 3rd degree tear. Anyway, my usually understanding husband is starting to get not so understanding, because I am...
Hi everyone! My dd (3 wks tomorrow) spits up what seems to me quite often. My dd #1 never spit up (I swear!), my ds did some, but how much is normal? or too much? She has plenty of wet and dirty diapers so I know that means she is getting enough, right? She is a very big sucker--could suck on me all day long. I've been having to give her my finger (which she will suck on) because when I put her to the breast she comes off as soon as milk comes in or spits it up. ...
Hi everyone! I've got a 1 wk old dd (triumphant VBA2C!) and just found out I've got an infection-noticed a difference in bleeding. Anyway, I've been given a prescription for Flagyl (generic-metronidazole) and it says not to breastfeed while taking this medication as it is excreted in breastmilk. I know that some meds get in your breastmilk and they say it is still ok to bf. Is this just a generic warning or can I not breastfeed? What will I do? I don't have near...
Hello! My ds is 19 months and is constantly (don't know how else to word it) "humping" everything and everyone! Just have to know if there are others who do this? At home I joke to DH that ds must have got that from him, but in public (playgroup, babysitters) it embarasses the heck out of me! Thanks for any answers! Jaci
Hello! For the past few days I have been having pains (some sharp, some dull) in my lower left and right abdomen (mostly right side and way to the side). Could this be the round ligament pain I hear about? I've never had it with my other (2) pregnancies so I just don't know. With 2 sections behind me (planning HBAC this time) I'm almost terrified to ask my ob (doesn't know about HBAC plans!) for fear he'll stick me in hospital and not let me out. Baby seems fine-is...