or Connect

Posts by Tinkerszs

Just Breath is my favorite. I also love Black Raspberry Vanilla.  
Please find an advocate. We have had nothing but trouble with the school and my son's autism diagnosis. Our advocate is amazing and has helped us a lot. Schools also stop ignoring parents once an advocate shows up.
How about Tae-Kwon-Do? The structure and consistency have done wonders for my own son and has transferred to his school behaviors.
Ice cream. Just ice cream.
My 8 year old son who has high functioning Autism has been in Tae Kwon Do since he was 3. It has been fantastic even though he struggles with it. He just stared competing in sparring tournaments in October.
I've about had it with the school and I've only just begun.
Thank you. The grieving is there. As is the anger. He's 7 and has had so many problems. He was on an IEP in preschool and they should have known. They just kept telling me he was naughty and too smart to be that naughty. If we had known before I just think to what he could be doing. He is classified as high functioning, but it's Autism because of his language delay as a toddler. Right now I am not reading anything.
He was diagnosed yesterday with Autism so I guess my question doesn't matter much. Now to get past the intial stage of grief and shock.
We have not been officially diagnosed on the spectrum, but will hear the results of our evaluation tomorrow. But I know that Aspergers and PDD-NOS will be removed and everything with be diagnosed as on the spectrum. How does this change IEPs and services? What will happen to those kids with a PDD-NOS or Asperger's diagnosis? Thanks.
I'm sorry. He's 7 and is very anxiety prone.