or Connect

Posts by Lizzo

I usually add certain herbs while making stocks- but when we're sick I add it to the soups. Nettles in particular. I swallow whole cloves of garlic a few times a day so the nursing baby can get some... and do everything else you all mentioned. Plus herbal tinctures.
I started going to birth when I was 17, began apprenticing at 18 and at 19 am halfway to getting my CPM- I've been to over 30 births, caught a baby and have done over 100 prenatals,postpartums, you get the picture. I personally try not to let my age be an issue. I don't bring it up and usually if it is brought up, depending on the situation will tell my age or make a remark (Like "Wow you look so young!" "Yeah I just look good for my age") or something. But I very rarely...
We're about to brew our own. We've gotten it from friends before, but this will be our first time making it ourselves. I have a question though: Because of a mismanagement of my pregnancy with gestational diabetes, I have pre diabetes and I am trying very hard to keep it from getting worse. Will the kombucha be harmful in that respect? Thanks
I really recommend eating the placenta. I had PPD with my first and that is a huge reason why I wanted to eat it. I had no PPD this time, my bleeding became so scant after wards. I made smoothies b/c I prefer preparing it raw. I couldn't taste it all. Here is the recipe: 3 oz placenta- raw strawberries blackberries banana Yogurt Orange juice I would really consider it. I have prepared it for others cooked with olive oil, thyme, sherry, garlic, salt, pepper and...
I don't know who called them. It was an "anonymous woman". I am pretty sure it was the receptionist at the ped's office. She reported us because we had a "newborn in a make shift sling". The only person who saw the make shift sling was the receptionist. It just kind of made me mad because we were obviously doing something about the arm by going to the ped(even though there was nothing to do about it but keep it "immobile"!). I took him in when he was 24 hours old, but...
I didn't want to thread jack the "low sodium" thread... I avoid "low sodium" stuff as well. It rubs me the wrong way. The same as "No sugar added" does. BUT- I have kidney stones in both kidneys and one got so big after sitting there for almost 2 years(maybe longer,long complicated story), it blocked my ureter, did damage and was removed. So, I go see a nephrologist and he tells me that because I am only 19, I am going to get more and have to cut salt out of diet. I said...
Oh dear! I have to take snacks this coming week to Makena's school. I need enough for 20 kiddos. And I can bring in that amount everyday or 1/2 of it Monday and 1/2 Wednesday. I need ideas of what to make. I want it to be healthy, but easy. I don't even have to make it the same all week and allergies are not a factor. Thanks!
Ok I have 25 lbs of tomatoes. I need to know: 1- do I have to use lemon juice or citric acid? If so, do you use bottled lemon juice(like my recipe says) or your own fresh squeezed. 2- what is your recipe for canned tomato sauce? Thanks! Oh- and anything else you'd like to add would be greatly appreciated!
I used a combo of Mountain Meadow herbs after pain relief and tylenol and advil when it got really bad.
I come from the training that believes bulb syringes are useless-that if you have to suction, it makes the must sense to use the delee. Not to mention most bulb syringes are sterilized with that awful carcinogenic stuff. Funny story: I was at a birth where the granny to be was an ob nurse. This was a primip, had a beautiful, fast labor with a hard, long 2nd stage requiring lots of position changing for a nuchal hand. We break the water to see if that will help the baby...