or Connect

Posts by Lizzo

I have Rh- blood and I am an apprentice midwife. What we do is we find out the mama's blood type if she doesn't already know it. If she is negative, we find out the partner's blood type. If she is negative with a positive partner, then when the baby is born we get cord blood, we type the baby's blood with an Eldon card and then if the baby is Rh+, we give Rhogham within 72 hours. Having prenatal rhogham in unnecessary unless there is a cause for concern(bleeding from an...
Taking that first step is so hard. There is so much pride involved- which I think can be unexpected- because being veg isn't supposed to be about you, right?. It sounds like you guys are at peace and doing well. You seem like a very sweet person who wants to do right- and it can be hard when you're the one who needs to be done right most of all, especially when you know someone else(the animal) is so involved. Ahhh the "outing". My DP gleefully outs me...and it kind of...
I already watched the premiere! If you go to the link I posted and sign up for free as a member, you can watch it. http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/home.do I love weeds, we don't have TV, only computer- I was worried we wouldn't get to watch the premiere, but we did! Early! Greatest show ever! I hope Nancy and Conrad get together! No we did not name our second son after Judah.
I had this posted in my May DDC, but we got a CYS visit(it was dropped and in a week and all is fine now) and I took it down. I think it's a really great story to tell and have wanted to share it for sometime. It was a really beautiful, misty morning. I woke up at about 2:45 with very irregular, light contractions. I was totally unconvinced it was labor but I couldn't really sleep. I kept having diarrhea which I then was like ok this is early labor- but probably very...
I think it is SO important to go with your cravings during pregnancy. Your body is asking you for something, telling you you need something. There is nothing wrong with giving in- especially if it's not an unhealthy craving. Here's my transition story: I was veg for a couple years before getting pregnant with my first son. I CRAVED meat and I wasn't the best vegetarian at the time- I relied on too much processed foods(I was 16). I wouldn't give in unti about 5 months and...
My son is starting preschool this fall and has to bring trash free lunches (which I *love*). We're new to NT, but love it and I want some good lunch box ideas. Thanks!
I had GD and had a homebirth with my second son. However, we(my midwife and I-I work for her) were in total denial about it and it was uncontrolled. We didn't really believe in GD...however... An hour after a normal meal (as in not a lot of carbs, no sugars) my number was 154. I got tested because I was just dumping sugar into my urine. I had a 12lb 12oz baby who was a 5.5 minute shoulder dystocia, he had APGARs of 2 and 10 and needed resuscitation. It was terrifying for...
We have this labskin:http://www.mommasbaby.com/item--Bowr...skinShorn.html And it NEEDS to be washed. But the website doesn't say what to use on it. So, how do you wash them? Will it still be just as yummy and soft? How long does it take to wash and dry it? My baby doesn't sleep as well without it...he loves it. Thanks!
I had a homebirth with my son. I began dumping sugar in my urine(at 28 weeks) and got a blood test after a normal meal- 1 hr after. It was 154- which is considered GD. Other than that- and my gigantic baby and placenta(3lbs),I had no risks and no other classic GD signs. My son had no signs of hypoglycemia either and was not the typical GD baby. He was very long and VERY fat. I ate a near perfect diet- but the sugars from fruits(esp after it was modified) and occasional...
I want 2 or 3 more. But it probably wont be for another 3-5 years. My partner says no way. He'll change his mind....