or Connect

Posts by greenkids

Thanks all for the replys.  MicroBan, yuck, something else to try to remember is bad for your kids.    I wanted to add that I didn't mean to sound as if I was putting anyone down who bought the cheapest stuff.  I understand many families are struggling financially & do not have a choice.  In DD school though, I see plenty of nice cars & clothes, Moms who go to the salon, etc.  I was directly thinking of those that buy the cheapest stuff just because it's cheap &...
Thank you!    I also received this from another source, it has great little snack & sandwich bags.   reuseit.com
My DD is starting 1st grade this year & I got the list from the school with what she needs.  Thankfully this year she doesn't have to share EVERYTHING like she did in K.  That was frustrating because at least half the parents bought the cheapest, crappiest supplies they could, my natural wipes & pencils, etc just got grouped into a cupboard.     So what's the best I can do?  I have enough time to order on line before school starts.  I prefer recycled products & for...
Can anyone suggest art classes for a 5 1/2 YO? I would prefer the Sandy/Gresham/Troutdale area & then heading west. Do not want to travel past the Willamette River. Thanks!!!!
Thanks those things are already helping! I would like to hear your Tinkerbell ideas!! I think my biggest problem is there are more adults than kids. Family & friends that would get their feelings hurt if not invited. She will love whatever I do so I can see that I am trying to please everyone when it's about her. She doesn't really have a lot of friends in her age group. They range from 4 to 13. I'm so new to this & I wasn't raised celebrating birthdays to I'm...
I agree with yokosmile. Pull away. Maybe instead of sending her to her room you go to yours. When she needs you & has to go to her hurt momma that may appeal to her sensitive side. Good luck, my DD is about to turn 5 & I see it coming.
My DD is about to turn 5 & we are broke. Just a bad time, it will pass but I usually rent a place because our house is so small & there is no outdoor dry area. Being in Oregon means weather is completely unpredictable. (Her first birthday it was sunny & nice, her 3rd it snowed) I am just out of ideas & not experienced with birthdays. Her favorite thing right now is Tinkerbell. Any ideas? do I just cram (& I mean CRAM) people in? I just can't fork over the $150...
Thank you all so much! I have a 1st generation iphone, I didn't even think about getting the new one & handing down mine. Hmmmm But I will probably get her something like the shuffle or nano, those are still going to be way cheaper than a new iphone. I too do not get the whole "no screen" thing, I guess that's why it's a "shuffle", it's all you can do?
I am considering getting an ipod for my 4 1/2 DD & would like some input from other mommas. I was looking at other sites/posts & saw a lot of people saying "don't do it" because of the age & fear of them breaking it. So let me say she wouldn't get it "all" the time, more under parent guidance & teach her the basics of skipping or repeating songs. She's had my old 5 disc CD changer since she was a baby & has always taken good care of it but likes to control it herself. ...
Thanks everyone. I ended up choosing Golden Montessori, they aren't everything I wanted but I quickly realized I wasn't getting that anywhere. They are great though. I have spent a lot of the time there with the class as I am getting DS to be used to being without his big sister. They welcome me & say thanks every time for helping. My DD loves it. SO far so good! YAY!