or Connect

Posts by carminex

2004 was a very rough year. To make a very long story short. My DS has a disease and can not eat any food at all (drinks a special formula) and in 2 weeks my husband is having serious brain surgery. We are also struggling finacially right now which is adding stress to an already stressful situation. On top of it all I am working at night (at home) to try to make some extra money. Here is where I need support. I feel like I am falling apart and I end up...
I just wanted to add that when I was nursing and doing Flex I always ate all my nursing points and often more and still would lose 2-3 pounds a week. I tried to stick to healthy food and eat to hunger. You will have to see what your body needs.
elis- I know what you mean about "this is so not me!" I tried to avoid people who had not seen me because I am so embarassed at how much I gained while pregnant (and hadn't lost yet- my son is 11 months)!! But the best thing I did was just start losing weight and I started to feel better. My WW stats- 190 now 158 goal 130 You do not have to eat anything artificial. That is what is so great about WW! You CHOOSE what you want to eat! Either plan would be ok...
Glad to hear he is gaining weight! Lots of kids on the yahoo group I posted before have G tubes. I HIGHLY recommend talking to other Mom's on that list. They are so great and can answer lots of your questions. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/eosinophilgastro/ I also HIGHLY recommend emailing this Dr and telling him your story. He is THE leading Dr for eos and a fabulous GI Dr. We and many other families traveled from all over the country to see...
EOSINAPHILIC diseases mimic reflux!!! My son was misdiagnosed with reflux for months!!! If the zantac does not help after a few days then it is more then reflux!!! Doesn't pediasure have milk in it? I know it is hard to buck the system but these Drs may be missing something! Has your son been skin tested for allergies? Eosinaphilic often comes up IgE negative to regular allergy testing but they still "react" to things by getting tummy aches and reflux...
what did they put in the feeding tube at the hospital? many children with eosinaphilic gasterenteritis are on feeding tubes to get enough nourishment from special formula like neocate or elecare. also wanted to add that celiacs and chrohn's disease as a few mentioned above are in the same "family" as this. The more I went back and read the more it sounds like this. Please look into it!! This is a very "new" disease and Drs do not know about it!! NONE of the...
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/eosinophilgastro/ here is the yahoo group addy the people in this group are amazing and know so much about food allergies and eosinaphilic disorders
we finally figured out that my son has eosinaphilic gasterenteritis. often times this is not diagnosed. we went through many drs. i mention it because he had food allergies, stomach pain and arching back as you described, bad poops etc. Babes with this often times have failure to thrive or weight loss. Maybe look into it? apfed.org or a yahoo group We finally had to switch my son to a special formula even after my elimination diet attempts for 5...
Hello- Baby #2 born in November Joined in december 190 now 158- have been "stuck" here gaining and losing 5 pounds or so for over 3 months when I had to wean DS cold turkey But I am commited now and last week lost 4 pounds!! I am going to do this now. Looking forward to finally feeling fit again. I started exercising finally. Goal around 130ish Got a bit off track this weekend with not counting points but right back journaling tomorrow!
wawoof- how long do you boil for? JaneS- Thanks! I will have to try that. do you still wash the chicken before?