or Connect

Posts by Frankly Speaking

Ryan is very well educated on this subject.  He has been an activist for more than 12 years and has (at least) some medical knowledge as he has worked in hospitals.  I also think his PHd is in a medicine related field.  He has every right to be sure of himself.  He's earned it.
  As the parent or legal guardian, you can force them to be circumcised up to 17 years and 364 days.  Even if they are fighting like a tiger.  The question is "would you do that?"  Probably not but what if the child was 14 years old and didn't want it? Or 8 years old? Or 5 years old?  Isn't part of the reason boys are circumcised in infancy is because they can't voice their objections?  I suspect so. That begs the question "How will you possibly know what your son will...
I have a little bit different perspective on this.  I actually lived during some of these outbreaks/epidemics.   I also had mumps and chicken pox as a child, remember them distinctly.  At the time, these were not greatly feared from my recollection as a child.  Mumps and measles were just a part of being a child.   When I had these, I did miss a few days of school.  Other than the itching from the measles, I don't really remember much else.   I do remember when I...
Sharon71 wrote:  "My pet peeve is when people say "Oh I did the research but we are still going to circ our son" BULL if you did any decent research you'd do just the opposite and leave him intact."   Yes, they have found that they are expected to have done their research and use it as a shield.  Their actions show they have not done their research.   It may be that they have done the research when they searched "circumcision" and clicked on two or three sites...
Cyllya wrote:  "chances are his penis was harmed by his parents, doctors, and caregivers. If you spend twenty seconds educating yourself on proper penis care, all of those risks become non-applicable to your own child."   A woman posted on another board that her doctor had told her to  retract the foreskin and swab it and the glans with rubbing alcohol.  She said she finally stopped because of the screams of her child.  I can imagine!  The inner foreskin and glans is...
Wami, while reading your post and the thread, something kept rolling in my mind.  I hope you don't mind me asking this question.  "Is either you or your husband of Korean descent?"  I ask this because there is an entire population in Korea that has these short foreskins.  That is absolutely normal for them and they have no problems.  It is apparently a genetic difference that has spread in this isolated population to become common  there and there alone.   I'm not...
Yeah, I picked up on the name and the one post too.  But, I'll offer some information anyway.   Something not many people know . . . Bacterials, fungals and virals can not discern or discriminate between male and female cells.  The take-a-way from this is that the infections males contract and experience are the exact same infections females experience except females experience them more frequently.   It also means that the exact same medications that effectively...
“Has anyone NOT circumcised their child, and then later regretted it?”   I’ve been involved in this debate more than a dozen years, have corresponded with thousands of mothers and have never found one that regretted not circumcising.   “BUT i have talked to many men about the idea, and they all say that I SHOULD do it."   This is the normal and expected response from a circumcised man.  Men are in a constant competition to access the most desirable women and...
Heather, there is simply no method to make a circumcision painless.   Neonate's systems are just too fragle to give them general anesthesia. It could kill them.   Analgesia (awake during the procedure) is usually lidocaine.  Lidocaine is an acid and as such, it stings viciously when it is injected.  Imagine a bee sting on tender genital parts and you'll get the idea.   Lidocaine when used is injected at five different points around the shaft of the penis so...
Super~Single~Mama wrote:  "and circ is considered a medical decision"   No, it is a cultural/religious reason.  The AAP classify it as elective surgery.  It is not to treat any disease or correct any defect.   "a contract requiring specific medical choices would not be enforceable"   It is not a medical choice therefore it would be enforcible.  But the object is to discourage the circumcision and I think a contract would do just that.  Anyone would be a fool...