or Connect

Posts by Frankly Speaking

Quote: Originally Posted by MMGerard A friend asked me today for my opinion on circ. She said her husband wanted to know, "why not?" I replied that the question regarding any medical procedure should not be "why not?" but "why?" This was the correct response or more accurately "Why do you think it should be done?" There are so many issues surrounding circumcision that you will lose the attention of most before you get through them. Most...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy If there WAS cancer of the foreskin as a motivation for getting the circ, wouldn't the operation have been done by a surgical oncologist? No, these cancers are the same type cancer as found on the face and arms from sun exposure. They are usually removed as an in-office procedure Quote: A friend's dad got skin cancer surgery at a major cancer center. They sent the excised tissue right to...
I would try going to www.cirp.org and searching for "history." Most likely you'll find what you are looking for. Frank
I have read several versions of this story and all of them leave some gaping holes in the story with many unanswered questions. Because of this, coming to conclusions is very difficult. First, there is no indication of whether the circumcision was originally intended to be cosmetic or to address cancer. One story said it was to address inflamation. This would indicate that the man was being circumcised as a cure for an infection that had not been successfully treated...
Quote: Originally Posted by JENNY BRAUN do you have some examples of probioics besides activia yogurt or is this good enough to give him on a daily basis. You can give him regular yogurt that you can get at the grocery store. I believe all yogurt has active cultures. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. If you are giving it to him as a snack, any yogurt will do just fine but if you are applying it to his penis, only use plain unsweetened...
Quote: Originally Posted by PassionateWriter eta: my annoyance is at doubting myself now, not from teh fact that i may be wrong. I just want to know whether/not I am in the right here or not. Frank, where are you???? i woudl like for someone to chime in on this...... am i right that DOCTORS SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO CHECK FOR ADHESIONS???? or am i wrong? SHOULD DR'S BE LOOKING FOR REDNESS INSIDE A FORESKIN??? I'm here! I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by tennisdude23 I'm just curious, why was this person trash talking about your son's penis? I am sorry, but don't these people have more important things to do in their lives? Unless you are mentally challenged or something, I just don't understand why you would be so rude to "trash talk" about somebody else's baby. I have a hard time figuring out a mentality like that! Somehow our culture has determined that it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by JENNY BRAUN hello my son is 20 months old and has suffered 4 infections of the foreskin the first was at 10 months old and it was pretty bad, the last two immediately followed a trip to the public pool. I have been asked to have him circumcised but will not do it.. I was wondering if anyone knew how to prevent them..Ive heard all the obvious--dont retract him, plain water baths. I've also heard about giving him activia yogurt...
Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done. There is no law requiring truth in what is put on the internet and there is the rub. Those who want to have truthful information are susceptible to pressure to have the correct information. This can be accomplished by campaigns to modify their information and I have seen this happen. E-mail campaigns have been successful in getting information changed. However, those sites that do not want to have accurate...
There have been several studies evaluating post surgical problems of adult circumcision. They have quantified a high incidence of impotency associated with the surgery. My own conclusion is that the circumcisions have resulted in a reduced level of sensitivity that is subconsciously not acceptable to the men. Men circumcised as infants would have this same level of insensitivity but being circumcised all their lives, they have not experienced the normal level of...