or Connect

Posts by Frankly Speaking

I suspect you have the order of what is happening backward. Bear with me for an explanation. It is common for males to have erections when they awake. They are called "morning wood" erections. Just like there is a natural tension to hold urine and that tension has to be released to urinate, there is also a natural tension that controls blood flow into the penis to cause an erection. The release to allow the flow of urine is a conscious action but the release to...
Quote: Originally Posted by CEVmommy that the father should get to choose because he's the one who has a penis and therefore knows the most about them? Alicia, you have to realize why people write this. They realize this is a contentious issue and are trying to avoid blame. The husband is not present and will not be present and is as good a target for the blame as any. In fact, these women are fully on board with the circumcision but by...
This is evidence that we are making a huge difference, all of us crazy intactivists! Frank
From what you've written, it appears that it was she that made the assumption, not you. You were only offering what you thought would be helpful information. She is apparently aware of the controversy over this issue and has made a conscious decision to reject all information. Again, a foul on her part, not yours. She has consciously decided to reject all information contrary to what she wanted to do and most likely will continue to reject all information. She is...
This could be one of several things. It could be that it's just his normal coloration. Many boys have a naturally pinkish/reddish foreskin tip, especially fair complected boys. It could be that he's been paying a little bit too much "attention" to it if you know what I mean and he has irritated it. It could also be that he has a low grade infection that his immune system is fighting. Eventually if this is the case, something will happen. Either his immune...
Kelly, May I make a suggestion? If you will look in the Sticky section at the top of the forum, you will see a thread titled "Warning for Parents of Intact Sons" that deals with this situation. In the first post, you will find an e-mail address for John Geisheker, the head of Doctors Opposing Circumcision. John is also a lawyer and will write this doctor a warning letter on his lawyer letterhead explaining the correct information and the potential liability of what she...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoB I'm just wondering if a loose circ boy could actually be mistaken as a intact male There are a lot of "ifs," "ands" and "buts" involved in this discussion. Typically, an intact foreskin will automatically retract on erection. However, some will not automatically retract and will cover the glans with an erection. But, the foreskin will be pushed back on entry to the vagina. On the other end of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Satori Her 6 mo old has not been a happy camper the past few days, he's got a raging infection of some sort and he hasn't peed in almost a day. She's at the ER right now and they ended up having to cath him after an u/s showed a full bladder (he's been nursing and got IV fluids and still no pee). They had a hard time cathing him becasue the hole is so small and something about a tube not lining up or something making it...
Quote: Originally Posted by DaytonsMom yea i have done monistat a couple times when the pain was really bothering him. but someone said that using it improperly or if i wasn't positive it was yeast could lead to like a super bug or something.. so i only used it when necessary. does this not sound right? would you put it on the tip of the penis several times a day for a couple days or is this overkill?? TIA No, most likely it is underkill. If...
Quote: Originally Posted by jwhispers However, with that said, it is also not a bad idea to mention this to him in a way along the lines that I've outlined. He can be encouraged to retract it as far as comfortable whether that is 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever and rinse. He'll certainly know where that point is. I'm actually a bit ambivalent about this. Stressing that the foreskin should be retractile to any degree may be taken too seriously by the...