or Connect

Posts by Annabel_the_Sheep

I used Muzzy to learn English when I was 10 or so It's amaizing! I would get it again for my ds if it wasn't for the cost. But it definetly is good, funny and as an adult I enjoy it a lot. There are some clips of Muzzy on youtube, not sure what languages, but definetly english, german. So you can check it out before you buy it.
Thank you all so very much for your replies. It is such a hard decision for me to make, as it feels as a choice between DS's and our (mine and DH's) wishes. When we ask DS if he wants to move he always insists he doesn't. And we visited Berlin together many times with him and had an amazing time there, always. I guess I should just prepare myself for a bit of a bumpy start but then hopefully it will get better soon. Anyway, thanks again!
Hello! This is my first time posting in a long time... I am agonizing over a decision and need to collect opinions of people who actually have experience of kids growing up with different languages. So here is the situation. We are a family speaking minority language (Russian) at home. DS, who is now 4.5, started going to a Steiner/Waldorf kindergarten for the past 1.5 years and just now beginning to speak English. It was not an easy process for him and very stressful...
How did you assess the safety of this particular car seat? Are there crash test results available to check? The conclusion of most car safety experts is that ISOFIX fittings are generally the safest. This carseat is attached to the car with seat belts, which introduces possibility of incorrect fitting.
Sure, there is hope that some people come to the same conlusion that you do, and that invalidates your conclusion in your eyes. But there are many people who come to different conclsions. Its great that you have found support, of course. But it doesn't mean that you shoud stop looking...
Quote: Originally Posted by kama'aina mama First you say it has nothing to do with class and then you describe how you couldn't have done it if a member of your immediate family had not been free to provide you with free childcare while not working for pay herself. Many working class people do not know anyone who can afford to go without a paycheck like that. Class privilege. Qualifying for loans has something to do with your prior economic class...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavournin See, that's just it. I'd rather have no degree than one in something I don't really care about. Why on earth would I bust my ovaries and put myself into tremendous debt if it's something I'm not passionate about? And again, sometimes it's just not possible. My college had no such thing as daycare coops or bursaries. No online classes or even dorms. I had no choice but to leave a year and half before graduation when...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavournin Be really careful how you approach this. You have absolutely no idea what some people go through trying to make it work, and still have it not pan out in the end. There are people who are able to do it, and many more who cannot. You cannot put such blanket statements out there. It only makes you look like a tool. And what exactly do you mean by choosing your major "right"? Are you advocating picking majors by...
Quote: Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital Okay so I guess I'll just think about it really hard and stop buying my kids food for a while so I can come up with tuition? Sorry but no. Being poor has a lot of boundaries and barriers people don't even think about. I was denied financial aid for college until I pay for 12 credits out of pocket for a bad grade I got in a Math class 6 years ago, when I missed a lot of school due to my son repeatedly being...
I don't think its classist because everyone can get a degree if they put their mind to it.