or Connect

Posts by wildlavender

Yep, pretty sure mine returned at the end of last week. I had bleeding one day, then none the next and then again the day following. My husband had to remind me that my cycle usually presents itself that way (how does he remember when I forgot?) But, I do believe he's right. We'll have to wait and see what happens next month. I almost see it as a blessing, though, as we decided that if we are going o have a third child, we want to have it soon. We'll see!
It's taken me a while to get here to announce, but our baby boy is here! Logan Grey was born at home in the water on January 17th, weighing 9 lbs 2 oz and measuring 22" long. It was sooooo different from my daughter's hospital birth - pretty much in every way possible. I started to think that my contractions were more than BH at about 9:00 Saturday night. They were about four minutes apart, but didn't last more than 15 seconds or so each. In the midnight hour (when we...
I was due on Tuesday, but no baby yet. My midwife swept my membranes at Tuesday's appt. I've had a little lightly blood-tinged mucous discharge since then. No more BH than I has before. I was at 3 cm and 80% effacement at the appt. I am just really hoping that My birth doesn't coincide with another of my midwife's patients. We thought I would have birthed by now!
I would LOVE to have my baby on the night of a blue moon! Here's hopin'!
Thanks so much for your input, everyone! It's been helpful.
I can't believe how difficult it's been to pick a boy's name. With our daughter, we just knew. Could you give me some feedback on a couple names? First is Logan. It's just so freakin' popular (#19) that I tend to want to avoid it. But it's still somehow our favorite. Would you avoid it because of it's popularity? Second, Greyson. Our daughter's name is Sage. Should we avoid a name that will most likely be shortened to another color name, Grey? Last, Baylen. What's...
So very sorry to read this. I lost my mother in February, so I have some understanding of what you're going through. I know those sad moments in pregnancy, too. Hoping very good things for your mom, and asking God to give you the peace only He can bring. Hugs to you, mama.
Thanks so much for the reminder! I really need to do this. We have a team at our church that is so faithful to bring meals for the first couple weeks, but I should be freezing for after that! In the past I've frozen chili, beef tips, sloppy joe meat. There is also a recipe for this wonderful crock pot dish called Ropa Vieja on Allrecipes that makes a ton and freezes so well; it's a shredded beef dish that can be put on tortillas, crusty bread, buns. Somehow all my frozen...
Oh, you poor mama! It just broke my heart to think that you can't be with your DS. I'm so sorry! Hopefully this time will go quickly for you and you can all be at home soon.
That article was very helpful. Thanks for sharing it.