or Connect

Posts by snozzberry

What are your plans for announcing?   Here are some ideas I've come across online, but we haven't decided what we're going to do yet! I do think if we tell in person, we're going to set up a video camera surreptitiously to capture the reaction.   At a family gathering, get everyone together to take a group photo. Then instead of you (or your partner) saying "Say cheese!", say "We're pregnant!" Then you snap the photo and have a record of everyone's...
Yes, I am on Goodreads! Love it!   I will PM you my email.
I forgot to say what I'm reading right now!   MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search for a New Best Friend - It's about a woman who decides to devote a year to finding a new best friend (or two). So she commits to going on one friend-date a week for a whole year. Funny, and interesting too!
I'm always looking for good book recommendations, so I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can share titles of books we're enjoying throughout the next 9 months - whether they're pregnancy/baby related or not!   So...what are you reading and enjoying right now?  
I know it's awfully early (5w2d here), but my partner and I have already started throwing names around. Are you talking names yet? Or do you already have them picked out?   Here's our list:   Boy Cedric Finn Jack Jackson Mac Maddox Maverick Maxim   Girl Brielle Charlotte Hannah Ingrid Mackenzie Madeline Megan Morgan Samantha Sydney
  I have an extra 7 lbs or so as well, thanks to a couple vacations right before we got that BFP. I've started going for a 30-minute walk (with some hills) every morning, and I can already tell it's making a difference. My weight has gone down about a pound, and by the end of the day I don't feel nearly as bloated.   I feel like all 7 lbs are on my belly, though. Looks a bit like a bowl of jelly. Are there safe ways to tone your tummy while preggers?
    So cool that we are due date buddies too! Are your cats reacting to that little one inside you?   I've noticed that my standoffish cat is WAY lovey...following me around and getting in my lap to cuddle. I like it!
  I definitely share some of your feelings. It hasn't "sunk in" yet. I still can't believe in 9 months I'm going to have a precious little one in my arms. And I'm going to start all over again?!? My daughter is 4.5, so I feel like we've gotten past the hard stuff and it's just getting easier every day. So it's sort of daunting to think of starting that process all over again.   You don't sound awful at all, mama. I think it's perfectly normal to feel these conflicting...
  Yep, you hit the nail on the head! Going to an OB's office is the norm in the US, unfortunately. I'm in a relatively big city, and I know from talking to other moms in other big US cities that's the case for them too. Midwives are definitely not the norm.
  Good for you! I'm being a bad mama. My partner doesn't feel completely comfortable with me telling people, but he hasn't come out and said no, don't do it. So I told two of my good friends at work, but I haven't told my partner that I spilled the beans to someone else. I just couldn't wait to tell someone who would be excited with me!   That's exciting that you have a complete shocker situation and you can be creative with how you break the news!   For us, we'll...