or Connect

Posts by petitemama

I have been thinking about my son's words and my reaction to them and I have kind of realized some things- I didn't at the time, and still don't believe that my son was being idealistic. He wasn't saying my faith would heal me. He was trying to show me that it would be easier to live with ppd if I accepted it, and had faith that it was there for a reason. I tend to walk around angry because I have to deal with ppd. I am always hating it and trying to escape it. I...
You are both right! At the time I thought my son was so sweet, but you have made me realize it is a very idealistic view he holds. I am a true believer that my problems are 90% chemical. I can remember a time when I tried so hard to wish it away with faith, therapy, and attitude. Meds have been the only thing that has worked for me. I realize now that if someone else had said the same thing to me I would have been angry. I would have thought they were ignorant...
Put it in a lightly oiled casserole dish. Mix in some crushed pecans. top with brown sugar and mini marshmallos. put in oven till warm and marshmallos are melted. YUMMY!!!
If your still interested 25mg works for me. Any more than that and I get increased anxiety. 25mg and I feel great. The only thing is it generally takes 6-8 weeks for it to start working for me. Have you tried it yet? What was, if so, the outcome?
Hey! Yesterday I was hanging out with my 18yr old son. I am spiritual, but not religious. I never took my children to church, but tried to instill in them the sense of a god in everyone& everything (not neccesarily a conventional god). Well anyway my son is telling me how he got to go to a Stained concert for free. Next thing I know he's talking about my anxiety. He says, " I don't worry about anything. God takes care of me! Anything I need I get. I don't have to...
I am basically seconding everything everyone else has said! I too have been there!! I went on ssri(one time zoloft, another time paxil) and felt great relief in 8 weeks! I didn't have insurance. I went to a clinic and they gave me meds for free!! Some pharmecuetical companies will give 1 year free meds, but a healthcare proff has to apply for you. I don't see a counselor because I can't afford it either! but when i am on meds I am feeling great and don't feel the...
massage!!!!!!
there sure isn't a lower dose! maybe you could try the zoloft. i have heard that ssris affect blood sugar levels. i wonder if that is what causes the added weight gain? it is kinda a bummer to gain weight because of a drug.
Hi, Zoloft is supposed to be a more uppity ssri. I don't believe it causes weight gain. I have been on both paxil and zoloft without weight gain. Maybe it was your dose? I generally took 20 mg of paxil.
Sorry your feeling Badly!!! I agree that you should let your therapist know how her comments made you feel!! If nothing more being upfront with your feelings could be empowering and in itself help you to feel better. I consider myself a totally committed Attachment parent and have used a pacifier. My midwife was just telling me that although after my last pregnancy it took 18 months for my period to return it may still return much sooner this time. She says she...