or Connect

Posts by Leiahs

Katico, I just sent you a friend request on FB, if you could please add me to the group when you get the chance! I don't think I really care what format the group moves forward in... I pop in to add my 2 cents so infrequently I'll just do the best I can, wherever.  ;)   Even with a new thread, I can't keep up.  Sigh.  I can find time to read, but not really time to reply to everything.   BIA, just fell asleep after super crankiness, plus I'm dealing with my...
Popping in real quick, BIA, to share recent pics of Malcolm.   DS Alex with his crazy face, holding Mal   Good head lifting at 16w despite extremely sporadic tummy time   Happy Nudie time on the bed   Grabbing and manipulating and mouthing and drooling everywhere, nonstop!!  
Quote: Somehow Malcolm always manages to bury his face under his hood and against my chest on cold windy days.  I'm glad.  I worry about the cold with babies, especially combined with wind.  He never seems to complain, though.  Just hides away from it all.   I think a Colorado meet-up would be so fun!  :)  I'm glad there will be a Boson get-together - how happy for you all involved!!  (and yes, I agree- you MUST take and share pictures!)   Starling, yes, your situation...
BIA   I think it's been about a week since I've posted any sort of update.  And of course, in that time, you've all been very chatty and I can't possibly comment on everything!   Baby outfits - If the weather is cool/cold, I automatically opt for the "pajamas" as you're all calling them, though I've never used them as pajamas.  For pajamas, I tend to use gowns, or onesies with a sleeping blanket/swaddling blanket.  Footed sleepers are just good sense for easy...
DDC... sorry...   My FIL sent me the DVD when my 3rd baby was born.  I never reviewed the "words" often enough to get a really great ear for distinguishing the burb and gas sounds, but it helped me *immensely* just to be able to recognize the hungry sound.  And it was ALWAYS right.  It was so nice hear the fussing and know right away it was because he was hungry!  Works for my new baby, too.  Honestly, though, if you listen to the Oprah clips enough, you hear almost...
I don't know!! Like the baby really likes that annoying MIDI style music??  After I related the story to DH, he volunteered to open the dang thing up and remove the wires to the speakers so the kids couldn't ever do that again.  But honestly, I never use the rocking feature anymore anyway, so I might as well just take the batteries out.  
Oh, right! I was going to talk about baby giggles and other developments: Malcolm is one of the older babies in the DDC, but I was hearing from lots of other mamas about giggles long before he even gave a hint of one. He still doesn't belly-laugh or anything, but he's finally giving us giggles. He really likes BIG kisses: he opens his mouth wide, and I just stick my lips in there and press really hard, and with sound effects, give him a big ol' smacker. He loves it to...
Just really quick comments on topic, since I'm on my iPod and can't scroll back to see what I'm forgetting: Sick baby: So glad Claire's okay, though I can imagine any serious illness in a baby that young is stressful at best, even with a good prognosis. I have a friend back home whose 12-month-old got RSV and needed steroid treatments, he was having such trouble breathing. I'm SO glad Claire isn't that badly off! New van: congrats, and I'm jealous!! :P Actually, our...
I just love it when I get an email saying this thread is updated!  And I can't believe how big and grown up all these little babies are getting!  It goes by too fast, *le sigh*!   I was just updating my Facebook pics, and realized I hadn't put a few here.  :)   New Year's Eve, 3 months old / 13+ weeks.  Chilling at home, enjoying Daddy's new video game, and big-time grins and giggles for Mommy.    My dark-haired little boy is getting quite bald, though.  Not...
Quote: My son Alex is about 6 months older than yours, and we have the SAME ISSUE.  I cannot let the kid fall asleep for even 5 minutes, or he'll be up till 10pm.  I feel so bad, because I can see him getting sleepy during the day, but oh my goodness, the 10pm+ bedtime is even worse.  I can only hope he grows out of it soon.  (And it's also crazy to me, because I *enforced* nap time with my oldest 2 kids all the way until my oldest started Kindergarten at 6yo.  But I...