or Connect

Posts by earthmama369

DH likes to serve it on top of a bed of rice, with stir-fried veggies on the side. It's very...eye-popping. *lol*
It's silly and fun when there are other things going on at the same time so you're not just standing there for an hour watching a baby cow. They did this kind of fundraiser when I was in high school using the football field, and it raised a surprising amount of money. Something about betting on poop just seems to appeal to people. ;)
I do this for a friend who lives about 1/2 mile up the street when she travels. She pays me in eggs. I feed and water about a dozen chickens and take care of the cats, and take home roughly a dozen eggs a day. Works for me!
I like the way you think!    
The severity of the seizure she just had would concern me, in combination with your son's age. I think if she were with my own kids, who are 6 and almost 5, as long as she wasn't driving them, I wouldn't be so worried. They could be prepped for "what to do if" and we'd take the same precautions we do when any of us has the possibility of a health issue (one kiddo has relatively mild food allergies but the other carries an epipen for insect bites, so we're already...
If you're the one taking that on and handling the clean-up, and you don't mind, then as long as that's not pulling you away from something else you said you could do, there's no problem. Rock it out with the nice stuff. If you're expecting her to clean it up, or if that becomes a reason that you can't do another party task that you had said you would, then she'd have more say in the choice of tableware.
We fall on the crunchy side, and I feel strongly that homeschooling -- well, eclectic unschooling -- is the best option for our family under normal circumstances. However, I've become disabled and right now I can't drive the kids to the various activities and homeschool co-ops in which we usually participate. Homeschooling primarily at home really didn't work for us. I was exhausted, my eldest was bored and socially stifled, and my youngest needed some time to develop...
I've always been on the go. Involved in various organizations, homeschooling, running classes and activities, exercising, actively parenting, gardening and canning, cooking, volunteering, etc. Now, because I've become disabled, our two children are in school and I'm home alone for a 5-6 hour chunk every day. Doctors' appointments and such take up a lot of time some days, but the rest of the time I find myself having to actively teach myself how to slow down and enjoy the...
If you have grass to clear off first, you can lay down wet newspaper and/or cardboard over the area you want to turn into a garden and within a few days you'll have mostly dead grass that's easier to dig up. Leave it for a week and you won't have to do much digging at all. You can just loosen the soil and plant as is (though either way, you will have some extra weeding to do the first couple of years, in my experience). If your soil is reasonably loose, you can lay down...
Our son is 2E, both gifted and with diagnosed challenges to learning and functioning in day-to-day life. He's also received services, which have helped immensely. He's currently thriving in a play-based preschool that makes transitions part of the lesson plan rather than something to be hurried through to get to the next activity, and which does a ton of hands-on experiential learning. It's a really good fit for him, and even though he's turning five this summer and is...